• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Second go Around

Likely the plug would have to ground down a bit to fit in the Stanadyne socket. I thought I had an extension harness for it as I do have the grey pmd on a heat sink as a spare that came in the 98, think I can find it?:(

Likely the plug would have to ground down a bit to fit in the Stanadyne socket. I thought I had an extension harness for it as I do have the grey pmd on a heat sink as a spare that came in the 98, think I can find it?:(
Murphy's Law, combined with Oldheimer's, can really suck. You will find that harness right after you order a new one!

Yesterday I went for a test drive and to seat the rings, got out to check things and the turbo lube line was dripping, nice to have oil on a newly painted engine.:rolleyes: Lucky I had a spare line.

Fed cows with the truck this morning, nice to have it back. Now to check timing.

The centrifuge drops oil pressure by 2 psi when I open the valve to it. Be interesting to see what it accumulates over time, I did open it after about 30 miles, there was a bit of stuff but not much.

I wish there was a good way to ramp that oil pressure to 90/100 psi just before the centrifuge.

How high is your pressure running down the hiway?

I wish there was a good way to ramp that oil pressure to 90/100 psi just before the centrifuge.

Their is, maybe not a easy way but a dry sump type oil pump and some fab work... OH, and it wouldn't be a "cheap" mod either... I'm sticking with the bypass filter for simplicity..

Their is, maybe not a easy way but a dry sump type oil pump and some fab work... OH, and it wouldn't be a "cheap" mod either... I'm sticking with the bypass filter for simplicity..

How high is your pressure running down the hiway?
I bought this china block from bison and originally put on a remote dual filter bypass, the hoses leaked, so I use double braided hyd hose. I wasn't happy with the hose routing of the stiff hose so I went back to the 4X4 adapter. When I put it on, it had to push the freeze plug with the pin hole up about 3/16".

My hot oil pressure is lower than when I tore it down, I think that plug may have been compromised, anyway I have 50-55 psi cold idle and 15-20 psi hot idle with mech. gauge. All main and rod bearings were mid tolerance with plastigauge. When I change oil the filter adapter is coming off.

Will. I don't know what cruising psi is as the mech. gauge is under the hood, but guessing by the cluster it would be about 35-45 actual.

Cluster shows 60 psi+ cold and 25-30 hot at idle

Not going to max out centrifuge obviously, but that’s high enough pressure for it to pull some good numbers.

Back