• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Running a 4l80e without EFI

I serached that out when i added my turbo (centermount) and had to remove my ess/ pol pump drive.

The 2 wire is what you need, not to the 3 wire. It was turns out only 2 wires give one type of signal and 3 wires give th other. You need 4 pulses per crank revolution.

Since yours is all in one oil pump drive, your set.
But just fyi (and others reading innthe future) the crank sensor from the military is 2 wire and ds4 engines used a 3 wire- so all options are covered for anyone wanting to run whatever they need.

Ya know, we like pictures here...;)

Yes , pulled out the 6.2/4L80E combo from a 91 R 3500 with no AC . Dropped it in my 86 and swapped the oil pump drive . Harness plugged right in .

Ive got a bobby martin TCM factory GM standalone controller from a van if anyone is interested. I love trades for interesting or parts or oddities. Old scuba gear even.
Sandy

What's the number on the TCM and does it have a PROM ?

Ill check and take some pics first thing tomorrow. Im a di it myself the hard and cheap way kind of guy. It just turned out I got a 4 spd truck and dont need it.

Here is what I see.

Attachments

• 1484265447868-293402040.jpg
    1484265447868-293402040.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
So that's a TCM from 94 - 95 van . That's a little different than the 91 - 93 TCM 16147609 . Thought it was just a faster baud rate , maybe Ferm will know . How much are you asking ?

Its the exact tcm from the Bobby Martin guide. I actually bought it from bobby himself. I paid 100. Make me an offer. Its just sitting here.

The difference is probably in the output speed sensor. The 91-93 ECM had the output speed sensor of the trans ran directly to the ECM itself whereas I believe the vans read from the VSSB.

Its the exact tcm from the Bobby Martin guide. I actually bought it from bobby himself. I paid 100. Make me an offer. Its just sitting here.
Hi -
Do you still have this? If so I'd like to buy it? Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi -
Do you still have this? If so I'd like to buy it? Please let me know. Thanks!
That post was from January of 2017 so chances of that person having the same email addy and receiving replies from this thread is probably mighty slim.
Welcome to the forum TPR.
Maybe go to the front page and start a thread, a slight of an introduction, what You are working on and what You would like to accomplish would get plenty of answers.

@tprsummer using the @ symbol then typing their name brings up the person you are referring to and gives them a notification also. So if @Sand is around, he should get a notice.
Welcome to the forum btw, and if you can’t find a tcm - do you just want it for transmission control or is it needed for more stuff because A stand alone controller is far more common application now days...

As far as I know, it's just for the Tranny. A local Auto Electric shop told me the TCM might be bad. Having shifting issues, Van drops into limp mode (or at least shifts back down to 2nd and stays there) when starting out first time of the day especially when it's cold out. Turning ignition off and back on usually fixes it, sometimes take 2 or 3 restarts. Then runs fine all day. Not sure what a stand alone controller is, but If it fixes my problem, I'm interested.

As far as I know, it's just for the Tranny. A local Auto Electric shop told me the TCM might be bad. Having shifting issues, Van drops into limp mode (or at least shifts back down to 2nd and stays there) when starting out first time of the day especially when it's cold out. Turning ignition off and back on usually fixes it, sometimes take 2 or 3 restarts. Then runs fine all day. Not sure what a stand alone controller is, but If it fixes my problem, I'm interested.
Stand alone controller is a transmission control module that has no other sensors linked to it.
At least thats how I think they function.

Back