• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

replacement injector pump and a couple other questions

its diesel care parts. they are on ebay. I am thinking about having conestoga rebuild my 4911 instead. Yachtcare, any news on your experience?

Don't waste your time with Diesel "careless" parts. I had two bad experiences with them and injectors, never again. They show you Bosch injectors, ship you chinese. I returned them for the right ones, they sent me another set of chinese. Then would not refund my $$.
Don

Quick question, if the timing chain is worn, would the ip have to be ridiculously far advanced for the engine to run? I just got my ip from conestoga diesel and, after installing it, the engine will only run with it maxed to advanced. The previous pump did the same( a used 6.2 pump). the engine is a good used 6.2 lower with my rebuilt 6.5 heads.

Yup. If you can afford the new set without to much worry, I would get a set on order and rip it down. Then if there is any hiccups that is off the list and good to go for a long while.

Doubt it jumped a tooth, but maybe. I also noticed it surging on deceleration. ??? didn't really notice surging on acceleration. on a side note, this conestoga moose jr pump is pretty bada$$! will have to have some sort of charge cooling though...

Timing gears sounds off to me. Can't say its the build of the pump since the old one was out also. How are you timing it?

oh, yeah sorry. i have a db2 in it now. too many electrical problems. followed the military manual for timing. though maybe it was a fuel delivery issue. might try a jerry can test. it just doesnt make sense...

Too much pressure will advance the timing. I reread the thread, but am lost on what exactly your in need of. Is it not starting, runnning rough, or what?

ok, It will start with lots of GP. It smokes blue and runs rough until it warms up. the only way to get it to run halfway decent when it is cold, is to advance the timing to the point where it rattles like a powerstroke. It did that with the previous IP as well. I dont want to run that much advance. it has the lift pump that was in it when i bought it. I think it might be OEM. Wife officially hates the truck, but I am way too stubborn to let it go. Just need it to run.

Run dry and wet compression tests. Do a cylinder leak down test as well.

I really believe your timing gears are out. If not, your compression is is worn. What is the blow by situation? I am guessing no real blow by to speak of because its all going out the valves due to timing. What are egt's?

egts are HOT. cruising flat land @ 75 it runs about 800. floor it and it will level out at 1300. granted, i have the hot ip in it... My memory is a bit foggy, but I am pretty sure i bench tested the engine before i pulled the heads (and timing train) to put the 6.5 parts on it. I cant believe I put the timing train together wrong.... bet you are right though. I don't currently have a compression tester to test it.

well, the timing chain is dead on... still runs like poo. I don't have a diesel compression tester. anyone have one they would loan? might end up pulling the engine again...:nonod:

well, I am going to pull the engine again and put it on the test stand. has to be some logical explanation. I will keep everyone posted. special thanks to AK Diesel Driver and Will L for continuing to offer suggestions.

Back