• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

replacement injector pump and a couple other questions

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased in ip from dcp parts? Any good? Budget is too tight right now to go through a vendor. I need a 4911 pump. Also wondering how much fuel is supposed to come out of the return at idle. Finally, is there anyone with a 5068 pump truck interested in installing my pump to see if it works? It is a pensacola rebuild that never worked right. Had it too long for warranty, and the local shop wants $250 just to test it.:mad2:

I've recently learned the hard way about dealing with "rebuild" pumps, especially from Pensacola. However I tend to look at all of them with a somewhat jaundiced eye now. The labor time, and aggravation of screwing with questionable IP's just isn't worth it. OTOH, budget is a strong consideration. After my recent go round I've decided to get a "moose pump" from Conestoga Diesel in PA. I haven't been able to find any dissatisfied customers from around the web, and lots of good feedback. I'll be certain to let all here know how it goes when I get the pump installed.

The pump from Conestoga is priced same or better than most other vendors out there, and from what is available on the web, sounds like a superior product that they build themselves in house.

It seems that some vendors out there just get their pumps from other sources and pass them on as "rebuilds" without really knowing what they are selling to begin with. Their business model seems to be to just keep sending you junk pumps until you get tired of it, possibly risking damage to your engine, and end up paying all their shipping charges, and a 10% "restocking fee", not to mention your time to R&R several pumps, before you decide to move on to a reputable builder, or you decide to just run their junk.

Bottom line.......Don't know about dcp, know about Pensacola, have a real good feeling about Conestoga, that's the best info I can offer right now. Will let you, and everyone else know more about Conestoga ASAP.

The best thing about dealing with Pensacola has been, that I went from never doing an R&R on an IP, to where I can do one half asleep in about four hours now :)

Little D had a Pensacola IP the dealer installed. That IP has almost 70k and 2yrs on it and it is still going strong in Gertie. Parts these days new or reman are a crap shoot it seems like. Having issues with Larry now and I believe the culprit to be injectors which are brand knew.

Trouble with the 4911 is the head and rotor go and NO ONE replaces them, too expensive. KR services on Ebay are a top notch rebuilder.

If your in a bind, a local shop here tests them for $100.

So, is the head and rotor unique to the 5068?( I am guessing that is what you meant). I was under the impression the difference was the cam ring.

4911 is a 6.5 pump so .31 plungers. The H@R is more money than the .29 version, plus there are other differences for flow internally, of which I don't know exactly which pieces.

who is DCP? got a link?

I found a source for the 800 something range for a re-sleeved DB2 (advance piston bore re-sleeve)

Yachtcare, any news on your experience?

I ordered the pump on the 24th (8 days ago). Had to wait for the Pensacola refund, which in all fairness did return not all, but more than I expected, of my money. I spoke Conestoga this afternoon, said they are almost done with the build and it should likely ship on Monday. I guess that's understandable if a shop actually builds their pumps in house, as opposed to just grab one off a shelf and send it. Pensacola had the pumps to me in two days each, of course they were both junk.

Also gotta figure mine isn't the only one they're working on. So given my current work load, and estimated shipping time, it will probably be about the middle of the month before the truck is road ready. The extra time will be well worth it if they are truly the craftsmen they seem to be from what is reported around the web.

I'll post when the pump arrives.......

FWIW, don't try DCP. There was a few members that have to have 2-3 IP replaced after the 1st one and still bad.
Trouble is we cannot search with just 3 letters so nothing will come up.

That member probably ended up selling the truck since we have not seen him here lately.

Where is a good place to get an injection pump tested? I need to have the pump off the 1998 Suburban tested before I install it on the new/used engine

Try and find a local diesel shop otherwise you'll have to send it out. I have a few places here or I guess Conestoga, KR services etc.

Thanks for the info. Will probably go with a conestoga rebuild, depending on yachtcare's experience. Dcp is short for diesel care parts fwiw

The pump arrived this afternoon. Looks like a nice rebuild, for what that is worth.

I'll start a new thread to document the install and aftermath.......

Back