• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Red's deuce

Haha yea, forgot to update this thread. The camper is basically empty right now, only has a bed in it. Shower is on the way.

5f746d3906d3fe3284b02d917855352c.jpg

036270ceb00362f2b1a345eb2ac43cee.jpg

To load the camper I used my service truck, weight is somewhere around 3500-5000 pounds, overbuilt aluminum body and fully insulated.

0837c1751a81b792b39a34dec8d8ade0.jpg

Took the truck to Big Bend national park weekend before last, 600 miles round trip. Averaged 10mpg cruising at 55-58mph, picked up the trailer as well.

0709012706e910c6f30c53362653b4ba.jpg

The shelter is already wired for 60 cycle 110volt, has plumbing connections as well for fresh an sewage. I'm going to use pex for the rest of the plumbing and a macerator pump for the sewage side so I can pump it straight out to a removable black water tank with its own drain. Nothing fancy for now, just a 5 gallon jerry can.

Couple goodies on the way. Shower, pumps, solar water heater.

Found a good deal on some 50w solar panels last night, 4 for $140 and he tossed in 2 that need new glass as well.

Might be doing a turbo upgrade to an hx35 soon. Little concerned about the t6-t3 flange reduction with the egt's, other than that though the turbo looks to be a big boost in all other factors.

The camper progress is spurred by the fact that I'll be moving sometime around may to Washington state.

Just don't start sounding like Eddie (warble) Vedder after you're there for awhile. You DO know about all the new communist plans and laws to restrict your constitutional rights...

Washington state going be retirement living or is duty to country taking you there?

By the way the truck is really looking nice, can't wait to see the final product.

Just don't start sounding like Eddie (warble) Vedder after you're there for awhile. You DO know about all the new communist plans and laws to restrict your constitutional rights...
The unconstitutional laws are all over this country, Texas is no exception. I'm one of those vets whose waiting for the first shot to be fired.

Truck is driving well, bypassed the FDC on the injection pump yesterday and setting up the new fuel filters this weekend. The FDC adjusts the fuel flow so the power level stays constant, no matter what fuel you are running (gas, diesel, motor oil, etc). When its bypassed it allows for max flow, making for more power.

Hx 35 will be here next week as well. Last planned upgrade for the truck before I move.

Washington state going be retirement living or is duty to country taking you there?

By the way the truck is really looking nice, can't wait to see the final product.
Too young to retire (27) and I've been out since march 2012. Going for the change in scenery. Working as a mechanic on heavy diesels, helps with job hunting.

Ok , I see. I didn't mean to make it sound like you were an old man like me. Heck your still a Pup, as the saying goes around here.

I wish you well on your move, that is a beautiful area where you are moving to, I would guess. Might have to put up with a few tree huggers here and there, but don't we all.

Keep up the good work on the truck project.

Haha yea still a youngster, knees and lungs would disagree with that though haha.

Decided to sell the shelter. Made for way to much of an air damn, killed my speed and fuel economy.

Had a welder make me a bed roller, makes the bed much more useful. Unloaded the shelter using the roller and bed winch.

8f5729011c8957d37382daefced8553b.jpg

4e889638f39d6c1cdefd2f9b8457919b.jpg

cd614b2acee4e059771957e817d81af7.jpg

6faf8d7151ba9e466535107f99a1a838.jpg

90491964e1f36ea63289f28e9028fd86.jpg

That is nice. I like the bed roller idea. video of set up or take down and load would be cool if you get bored.

Back