• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Red's deuce

8yma4y4e.jpg

ejedepe7.jpg

Much quieter now

"Sent from Serenity, passing through reaver territory"

Not sure if going with a wrap or high temp paint. Its close to the inside tires but once the large singles are on there will be plenty of clearance

Wrap is a possibility. Finished assembling the exhaust today, too dark for pictures by the time I was done so I'll get them up tomorrow. Coated the system in high temp enamel paint (flat black) and the tubing was raised about 3-4" above the fuel tank.

Exhaust turned out great. Can still hear some turbo whistle but it's not loud at all from the cab with the windows open, little more than my 05 LLY. Can drive around town without earplugs which is a big improvement. Next sound reduction is insulating the cab.

With the intake I'm wanting to setup a snorkel where the exhaust stack used to be. 2 90 degree bends and a few feet of 4" straight pipe should take care of it.

attachment.php
<br />
<br />
attachment.php
<br />
<br />
attachment.php
<br />
<br />
Well exhaust is ready. Took it for a drive today without hearing protection, nice upgrade. Used a sound meter app on my phone, reading 69-70db at idle, 78-79 around town with the turbo whistling, and 84-85db cruising at 50mph with both vents and all 4 windows open. That's with the phone sitting next to me on the seat, in line with the transmission shifter.<br />
<br />
I'm happy with that. Quiet enough to hear a radio or a conversation, still leaves a fair amount of turbo whistle. <br />
<br />
The exhaust is close to the inside rear tires and does transfer some heat to them. When it's upgraded to the super singles it won't be a problem. Does not seem to transfer heat to the fuel tank, put my hand on the tank after driving in a few spots and there was no difference in feel.<br />
<br />
With the stack being gone I'm planning to run the intake snorkel there. Make it look similar to the original exhaust.

Picking up the new tires in a few weeks so doing cheap projects for now.

I'm going to be mounting a 18k pound electric winch up front so removed the "paper clips" and flipped the bumper. Moved it forward to the last bolt hole, gives me just enough clearance between the radiator and winch.

Couple goodies I picked up a few weeks ago, waiting for the adapter plates and new studs to mount them. While waiting setup a new primary fuel filter (spin on instead of the canister) and a filter for the cooling system.

Thanks guys

It can cruise at 60mph, need to get a boost and egt gauge then turn up the fuel/boost for a little more power.

Next are seats, power steering, 12 volt system. The tire upgrade is by far the biggest cost upgrade I have planned for the truck.

What a stance with those tires! I like how much better they are off road as well. The xml does a lot better than the ol non directional.

Back