• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Re. Inj pump removal

Yiengling used to be the beer of choice for me. Didn't matter what liquor. It used to all taste good

They say God never gives you more than you can handle. Apparently he thinks highly of you. I had a dog try to chomp on me early today looking for some random shake that just started with the 87 mercedes. Since I don't use the magic juice to relax myself a few youtube videos of idiots wondering how stupid are these people usually does the trick. Then I think, -If someone was recording me on that car earlier with that dog...

Btw, if your ffm was relocated to a fender well, you can undo fuel lines with crows foot and long extension- but about the same time to just pull manifold anyways once you figure how hard it is to restart the bottom 3.

Turbo off. Lines off. I have 3 15mm flare wrenches. I cut two 12 point box wrench open, and one 6 point. One of the 12 points I cut into a short. Between the three I can get the pump fittings off.
I'm just really, really sick of reworking this engine, knowing the cam bearings are whipped.

Dadgum Nessmuk, there are few of Your posts I could not click the like button.
I hope it all goes back together smoother than it came apart. Without some medicinal juice and without further injuries.

I think I'll relocate my oil monitoring signal center, it'll be a remote oil pressure parameter signal system.
I bought a grease gun whip to run from the block to the eBay do hicky in the picture. It has two 1/8 npt taps in it.
Then I'll put a 4 way cross in it for my sending unit, dummy light switch and manual gauge.

Attachments

• PSX_20170919_220704.jpg
    PSX_20170919_220704.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 4
I too would think that`d be a good ground. Just be sure that the ground from the engine to the firewall is in good condition, as I suppose You already have.

I've got ground cables all over. I have a bus bar, ground from batt, to frame, block, firewall, radiator support. I'll also run a solid copper wire from it to the bus bar.
I got that in today.
Had to drill the intake and tap it to 3/8-16 in the 6 bolt holes for the hat. I had stripped a couple and figured I might as well make them all the same and the 4 outer ones deeper as well.
Got that in too.
Tomorrow the turbo and bleed the pump.
The AFE air filter came today, so I'll get that in too.
Found I need some sort of water catcher under my hood scoops.
So I said to myself, "self, we better be thinking on that".
Decided I needed to "brush up" on my "do it cheap, make it work".
I bought two paint roller pans. I'll try mounting them under the scoops. High end back, but with a gap. Low end forward, to drain the water away from the engine. If need be I'll add a drain hose to bring the water up to the radiator area.
Some brag about roller cams, I've got roller scoops.

You should patent the idea. And traid mark the slogan. Then you'd be so rich, you could buy another paint roller pan.

:D:p:joyful: Ha ha I finally figured out these face things

Back