• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

quality of nozzles

What do you think about traveling from Moscow to Kamchatka? Sled and dog team too? I think I'm getting old.
I think I'm getting old. By the way, once I was in Alaska. In Ancorridge. But unfortunately I flew on an airplane. It's not as fun as a sled but very fast.
Yeah, that's where I am in My life now too. I used to love being out in the cold and snow and having fun. Now, not so much. I guess I must have got My feet too cold a few too many times. Having a fear of getting another case of the chill blains on the toes is not a good thing. LOL Felt like My toes was being pounded on with a hammer. Ouch, that went on for about three weeks, bottom of three toes developed what looked like blood blisters. LOL

Yeah, that's where I am in My life now too. I used to love being out in the cold and snow and having fun. Now, not so much. I guess I must have got My feet too cold a few too many times. Having a fear of getting another case of the chill blains on the toes is not a good thing. LOL Felt like My toes was being pounded on with a hammer. Ouch, that went on for about three weeks, bottom of three toes developed what looked like blood blisters. LOL

I. Had chillblains up to my knees for several years. The drs. Didn't have a clue. They kept doing biopsies and. Checking for spider bites. Finally went to Dr. Peter Lio for some allergic reactions I was having at the time. He did some kind of centrifuge test for a whole bunch of stuff at once and figured it out.

Your the only other I ever heard of that had it

I really would like to find a good set of nozzles for my 6.5 turbo. I've been looking for a year and can only find Bosch India or Chinesium ones. I had bad brand new injectors right out of the box for my old Mercedes OM617, got a set of Bosio's and they are great.
Are quality nozzles available for the 6.5???

Bosch Germany nozzles are long gone. German Monark and Italian Bosio nozzles are no longer made.
General opinion is that Bosch India is hit and miss... many bad ones.
Does anyone know where to get quality nozzles for the 6.2 & 6.5?
I'm desperately looking for a set.

Bosch Germany nozzles are long gone. German Monark and Italian Bosio nozzles are no longer made.
General opinion is that Bosch India is hit and miss... many bad ones.
Does anyone know where to get quality nozzles for the 6.2 & 6.5?
I'm desperately looking for a set.
I would think a good rebuilder would only use the good nozzles and return the bad. I've used a rebuilder from Michigan. There are related posts here someplace in which their name is listed

When the bosch were first being made in India they were crap. But qc got ahold of it and they have corrected them now. I haven’t heard of anyone in the last 2.5 years that bought a set of bosch India and had problems. Infact, some of the guys here bought them and had sets tested and they fell within the dream zone of within 25psi of each other.

On the Bosch Germans- I think I cleaned out the last available NOS ones. I kept 2 sets for my hummer, one for now and one set for down the road. I haven’t installed those yet but plan on installing one set this year if i ever finish my build- haha. I sold the others off at my cost because like TP and corona panic, I hate price gouging jerks. it took about a year worth of watching ebay before I found the Germans.

So my suggestion is get the Indias and if concerned, pull them in a couple years and use the at home pop tester to make sure they are holding up. http://leroydiesel.com/products/bosch-injector-set-of-8-brand-new-no-core/
One friend bought a set from him that now has 40,000+ on them and no issues.

finding the shims is harder now too at low price. If you have a source for them, please share.

The trouble is even the India nozzles that test good don't last long. This is not just my opinion but one of experts.
I've had Mercedes injectors rebuilt by the "diesel injector guru" and he can't even get quality DN0SD304 nozzles.

So my suggestion is get the Indias and if concerned, pull them in a couple years and use the at home pop tester to make sure they are holding up. http://leroydiesel.com/products/bosch-injector-set-of-8-brand-new-no-core/
One friend bought a set from him that now has 40,000+ on them and no issues.

Last summer I bought brand new Bosch India complete Mercedes injectors a few were no good. Had the Guru set up Bosio nozzles when I finally found them, remarkable difference in idle quality. Bosh patterns were bad and pressures varied too much.
Looks like I have no choice but to try Bosch India (from Leroy, he's great) and have Mark (Guru) test and set them within 25lbs.

I got tons of different size shims to fit Mercedes 617 injectors CHEAP from McMaster Carr, I guess I should just build a pop tester and do it myself.

Back