• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Quadstar Tune

Do they make a pedal commander for the 6.5 ?

Don’t know if anything could be altered in PCM fueling map to work with pedal commander so you have a variable tune.????

Watch some YouTube videos.
Think banks tuner that plugs inbetween the pedal and harness to change how responsive the throttle reacts.

Couple guys at work have them. Only advantage to normal selectable tune is the ecm doesn’t see it, so when people blow things up, they just unplug it and dealership cant tell anything was used.

I just got one for mine setup for towing john will send you a email thatyou fill out a form with your specs disable the passlock for the security system they'll ask what turbo you have tire size gear ratio i also added in to keep my torque converter locked when i let off throttle but unlock when i touch brake pedal theyll ask about what exhaust you have what air intake what ip you have its really up to you on how you want it setup

Yes I answered all those but I was thinking out of the box so to speak. Wondering if it can be made to lock the TCC in 2nd gear, etc

The greatest advantage ds4 has over db2 is ability to tie in wmi. Even if you run an innercooler, or run the big ATT or other really large turbo where innercooler lag doesn’t pay for itself in drive pressure being upside down... the methonal can help spool the turbo sooner, or only when egt is picked up. Obviously good wmi controllers help
Tie in with it.

Yeah I'm waiting for my core to arrive to him but definitely in the plans to talk to him. Just trying to come up with other questions or ideas to ask him about. I'm sure when it's all done I'll think dang I forgot about .,.,...

Wondering if it can be made to lock the TCC in 2nd gear,

Yes, the PCM's code allows locking the TCC in 2'nd. At least it does for OBD-II.

Cannot see where the pedal commander can lock the TCC on its own.

i also added in to keep my torque converter locked when i let off throttle but unlock when i touch brake pedal

Keeping the TCC locked on decel is an option in the OBD-II code.

Toward whether to keep the TCC locked on brake application, this is not an option in the code as the computer will unlock the TCC no matter what. If somebody found a way to keep the TCC locked on brake application (without a physical switch), then they had found a setting that no other tuner had . . .

I personally would be very carefull keeping the converter locked if you have an early hollow input shaft. GM unlocked the converter for the sole purpose of saving the input shaft from shearing.

Yes, the PCM's code allows locking the TCC in 2'nd. At least it does for OBD-II.

Cannot see where the pedal commander can lock the TCC on its own.

Keeping the TCC locked on decel is an option in the OBD-II code.

Toward whether to keep the TCC locked on brake application, this is not an option in the code as the computer will unlock the TCC no matter what. If somebody found a way to keep the TCC locked on brake application (without a physical switch), then they had found a setting that no other tuner had . . .
Im sure mine would unlock but if im going 65-70 and let off throttle it stays locking untill i push the brake pedal then the tc unlocks

Appears that the truck might an aftermarket tune.

OE tune for the computer wants to unlock the TCC when it senses a rapid throttle decrease. If the throttle decrease is gradual enough (whether by foot or cruise control), it will keep the TCC locked. Removing that 'check' in the box keeps the TCC locked until the speed / power tables unlock it.

The brake will unlock the TCC at any speed. Searched a long time for how to change the behavior. Only way to correct it is to go with a manual transmission or buy an expensive aftermarket trans controller.

I personally would be very carefull keeping the converter locked if you have an early hollow input shaft. GM unlocked the converter for the sole purpose of saving the input shaft from shearing.
That's a valid concern for locked upshifts but that's a separate toggle you can prevent from happening even if the converter is set to stay locked on decel at higher speeds. I use custom torque management with the DS4 pumps on the hard 1-2 shift..something i've never seen anyone else use on these but it works well. It's EFI after all...

So I finally got around to installing my tune today. My first impression is much more fuel is available than before. The Heath tune that I bought used died after I had used it for a year or two but personally to me it felt about the same as my stock tune, but the stock tune has more pep than my 96 even with a tune. Which affirms what I'd read about the stock tunes. If I stab it there's quite a bit of black smoke but when the turbo catches up it moves out pretty good. I'll probably update when I've had a chance to drive it awhile.

Back