• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pulling apart the old 6.5L before purchasing a new one

@Husker6.5
I disagree. Those are good pillows! My wife bought some and I didn’t notice till I was about to fall asleep and realized I wasn’t tucking my arm under it like normal. No more sore neck!
idk a out the slippers as I wear boots. Boots to work, boots to the beach, boots to the swimming pool, boots to go shopping for——new boots. So if he starts making boots...

Just something to keep in mind that OP's application is just an engine in a Nissan Patrol.
It is not the same platform/foundation that we are talking about here, GM's truck and suburban.
Plus he is in Australia not in the US which is another factor.

For that matter, there may be better solutions with about the same price as using a 6.5L TD engine.
I would try to fix the one that is broken first.

I know all of that, @JMJNet, which is why I recommended the Cummins complete plug and play crate setups - they were comparable price range-wise with what he was going to spend to replace his 6.5 - and FAR more reliable and powerful motors with easy parts/tuning availability and a much lighter package, far more suitable for the Patrol's (aka here as the Nissan Armada) overall F/R weight balance and chassis capacity than the Queen Mary's boat anchor 6.5.

Last edited:
Back