• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project Frankensquare

This is more along the lines of what I had on the 1989.

I like the looks of that bumper!
From the pics, I think mine had bigger cylinders.

Mine had a flat tongue hitch instead of a square receiver.

It had about 1" thick hitch with a spring loaded latch with handle. Held in by a bolt so it wouldn't fall out when unlatched.

You could slide it out a few inches to hook up a running gear or whatever, Then put the latch in lock position and back up until it locked in place.

I have a Schuck shock hitch bolted to my '95. It's the same hitch and bumper I've had since about '96 maybe. It's been transferred from at least one other truck I had. Can't have a spare tire under the bed with it.

I use this one on my little truck because it came with a Reece style "hitch".
1680179217396.png

Lots of welding this week, as an example: last night after work I put a brand new 10 pound spool of .030 wire in the welder and it was gone before 3:00 this afternoon! I was able to get the frame ready for paint this evening. Tomorrow will be lots of brushing and rolling - 2 coats of KBS Rust Seal and 1 coat of KBS Black Top. I made a video going over what all was done to the frame while I was waiting for the rinse to dry. Most of it I have already covered in this thread, but a couple things are new.

Back