• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PPE Dual Fuelers On An Otherwise Stock LMM

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
So this Local Kid that thinks he's King Shit got an LMM a few Years ago. He put a PPE Hot Tuner, Intake, and Exhaust and thinks he's the Fastest thing in Town.

Now...I find out he put on a PPE Dual Fueler...HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A DAMN LIFT PUMP!! AAAAAND, it still has a STOCK TRANS.

I know we've all made some Mistakes by getting Mods too Early, or Spending the Money in the Wrong Places...BUT C'MON!!

To put it Nicely...he BEATS the SHIT out of the Truck.

So...any takers on how long before he puts a Garage Door on the Side of the Block? Because I am pretty damn sure he doesn't have EFI or HP Tuners to be able to Dial in the Fuelers, and a Canned Tuner like the PPE wouldn't be able to have Support for that Setup either.

Without a lift pump he'll starve the IP and ruin the injectors in the long run.

Sent from my SCH-I535

It's a waste of money, but you can only push so much fuel through the LMM injectors on a basically stock engine. A stock LMM CP3 is enough to max out the stock injectors, the dual fueler is just wasted HP to run so he is actually probably making less now. The PPE tuner will work with the dual fuelers, just not as good as EFILIVE. His trans will be the weak link, and his saving grace.

X3. The tranny will save his motor from blowing up. He must have a rich daddy. :)

He Owns his own Remodeling / Demolition Company.

I'm pretty sure he's already Killed the Tranny in it once, and I Highly Doubt he's Smart enough to get it Fully Built. If anything, it MAY have a TransGo JR.

You'll see him post somewhere: My truck has a strange miss and there's white smoke coming out the oil fill... what could be wrong?

To put it Nicely...he BEATS the SHIT out of the Truck.

:idea: Sometimes people need a guiding hand on how to make power. He is going to keep some places in business, but, I agree that the results will not be what he wants.

As far as a beating unless there is a parts failure like blowing a tip off an injector the weak link is simply not the engine. Not until he starts making real power with it anyway. Even then either the tires won't stick and he blows the locker up or the trans lets go. After the trans lets go I could see the engine over-revving in an expensive way.

I doubt he beats his truck any worse than a normal work truck and certainly not any worse than mine got beat hauling parts and running elk down. :hihi: I could be wrong... But, a beater work truck with the LMM power levels doesn't "need" any power upgrades unlike a 6.5 towing grades. Towing at the speed limit all we asked was for more cooling. Just nothing else you need after you reach the speed limit with a trailer. MPG maybe?

All you need is a run what ya brung track to shut the attitude down.

:idea: Sometimes people need a guiding hand on how to make power. He is going to keep some places in business, but, I agree that the results will not be what he wants.

As far as a beating unless there is a parts failure like blowing a tip off an injector the weak link is simply not the engine. Not until he starts making real power with it anyway. Even then either the tires won't stick and he blows the locker up or the trans lets go. After the trans lets go I could see the engine over-revving in an expensive way.

I doubt he beats his truck any worse than a normal work truck and certainly not any worse than mine got beat hauling parts and running elk down. :hihi: I could be wrong... But, a beater work truck with the LMM power levels doesn't "need" any power upgrades unlike a 6.5 towing grades. Towing at the speed limit all we asked was for more cooling. Just nothing else you need after you reach the speed limit with a trailer. MPG maybe?

All you need is a run what ya brung track to shut the attitude down.

The Road in front of his house looks like a Drag Strip. He constantly Rips Doughnuts, does 4wd Boosted Launches, Top Speed Runs, ect...Like I said, I was putting it Lightly. I bet there are some Drag Trucks out there that have seen less abuse than this Kids Truck.

Thing is, one of his Friends Owns a Repair Shop, so he prob. doesn't even have to Pay for Labor, just Parts.

He's probably definitely on borrowed time with his pistons as LBZ/LMM pistons can't even take what LB7's can. And if he IS pushing the dual fuelers up to a 3400 or so pulsewidth(which a PPE can do) with a 200 rail, then he IS pushing the limits of the rods as well.

I don't know exactly when he got them put on, but it's fairly Recent, so I'll give him until March until he Pops the Motor.

The Road in front of his house looks like a Drag Strip. He constantly Rips Doughnuts, does 4wd Boosted Launches, Top Speed Runs, ect...Like I said, I was putting it Lightly. I bet there are some Drag Trucks out there that have seen less abuse than this Kids Truck.

Thing is, one of his Friends Owns a Repair Shop, so he prob. doesn't even have to Pay for Labor, just Parts.

At least his mechanic friends will get a lot of experience fixing Duramax's and Allison's. ;) :lmao:

Ok, more updates on this Clown.

He also "Stacked" a Duramaximizer or TS MP-8 on top of the PPE Tuner...but he won't actually admit it. A Friend of mine was doing some poking around in the truck and found the Rotary Knob, and it's a smooth transition, no clicks like a DSP Switch.

Also...hold on to your seat...HE'S GOT NO GAUGES!! NONE!! No Boost, EGT, Trans Temp, NOTHING!!

Well, HE BLEW IT UP!!

Dunno exactly what he did, but the truck has been sitting for about a month / month and a half, and all he does is refer to it as the "Broke Race Truck".

Back