• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post up your questions

rickdlance

Captain
Reaction score
We have been known to hotshot.;) We'll try to get someone to answer any and all questions. Post them up fella's.

do you have any insider contacts to people in the LA area removing Fema trailers?

Preferably in the Slidell La. area...It's seems like it's a brother in law/handshake kinda thing...no one wants to give up their source...I have four days a week I sit idle and could use the extra money while I wait for the area and my business to recover...

How profitable is the business? I've always thought about it, but looked seriously.

I do drive a LOT anyways; 400-500mile trips 3-4 times a month isn't abnormal. Some of this is personal and some of this is random stuff being moved for a friend of a friend, etc.

Is it doable for someone without a CDl/under 21, or no?

Ever calculate your "hourly" wage, on average?

It is very profitable if you do it hot and heavy. In our circle, under 21 and no CDL is a killer though.

Actually I suggest getting with one of the transport companies out of Elkhart, Indiana first. They will help teach you the ropes and give you enough seat time to decide whether driving is right for you.

im looking to move a tractor for a guy. was just wonderin would i need a cdl for this? or any thing speacial like permits and special insurance? never done this before for money and just came across the deal but dont wanna be in trouble if stopped

im looking to move a tractor for a guy. was just wonderin would i need a cdl for this? or any thing speacial like permits and special insurance? never done this before for money and just came across the deal but dont wanna be in trouble if stopped

Dont go over GVWR, thats all i know

if your going to be paid...you will need dot numbers, insurance, run a log book if it is over 100 air miles from port to port....and make sure your truck and trailer do not exceed GVWR....am I missing anything Rick?

There are a lot of grey areas it seems. I always haul for myself Lol!. Actually that is a grey area cause I own the load until I unload it so I guess maybe I'm still technically hauling for myself. It's crossing certain state lines overwidth or over weight I try to aviod.

Back