• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post up your questions

Is there such a thing as light weight long distance hauling? Like something that can fit in a CC/SB truck, but needs to go a long ways? Thanks.

In TX and LA there is loads like that but not many. A long bed works out better.

There is hotshot freight companies that utilize 1/2 ton pickups, vans, etc. It is a somewhat localized market for oil field and off shore hot freight. That business also includes a lot of local package delivery to go with it.

It is also called expedited freight. Check out some of the expedited freight website forums.

Electronic log books are legal. You do have to print the daily log out if it is requested by a law enforcement officer.

This is the one I used and really liked it. There are two versions but for me the basic level was all I needed. All the drivers that I knew that had it used the basic. It will keep you honest and won't let you exceed your legal hours.

http://www.driversdailylog.com/
:frown5:

how do the guys get away with pulling horse trailers or campers out of elkhart without any insurance on the load, or DOT numbers or stuff like that??

Cargo insurance is required and DOT authority is required. If you are an independent like I was I had to provide the insurance and operated under my own DOT/FMCSA authority.

Those drivers that leased on to outfits like Classic or Horizon operated under their authority and cargo insurance. They paid for the insurance to the company.

In MN, what do you have to have on your truck and trailer for personal/self owned business use? our truck was bought and is insured as a farm truck, but has regular plates. Is that right?

Back