• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll Idea's

This one is controversial and all, but have you ever smoked a tailgater out before? I thought of this one because I was driving down the road this afternoon and an explorer was tailgating me to the point I couldn't even hardly see him in my mirrors. Gave the throttle a quick blip and the locomotive cloud backed him right off. After he backed off it ended up being a county sheriff, the wife thought I was getting a ticket for certain. He didn't pull me over, and didn't get on my bumper again either.

I guess I should have included some poll options with it.

Never, smoke is bad ju ju
only once or twice, and I didn't mean to
Yes, on occasion when it's called for
All the time
YOU BET, BNSF keeps calling me thinking they've got a bad locomotive in the field:D

Power adders;
1; Nitrous
2; Methanol/water
3; Propane
4; Twin Turbos
5; Supercharger
6; More then one
7; All of the above

what websites do you troll to find the next 6.2, 6.5, or 6.6?

cars.com
autotrader.com
ebay.com
etc, i know there is more, but that really is the reason i want this poll, to find out what other sites are out there

I am a Newbie on this list but am interested to know "Who uses seat belts and who doesn't". I know some states do not require bigger truck drivers and passengers to wear them.

I am a Newbie on this list but am interested to know "Who uses seat belts and who doesn't". I know some states do not require bigger truck drivers and passengers to wear them.

That's a great idea, I'll do it for sure. Welcome, always like to see someone from Georgia.

I'd like to see a poll for the 6.5 guys I'm wondering of the people that have overheating problems, if it's more Chevy's then GMC's. Was wondering if the grill design made any diff for airflow.

Winches not Wenches:rolleyes5:

Do you like to have a winch on your truck?
Would you like to have a winch on your truck?
I don't like winches they make a truck look ugly.
I would like a winch but, total cost is to much.
I have no use for a winch
Who gives a darn about winches, lets go Party.

Followup pole for those that have winches.

What do you use your winch for:

I live on a farm/ranch and use it for work.
I go 4wheeling a lot and need it.
I want the insurance of knowing if I get stuck I can get myself out.
It came with the truck and I never use it.

These are just suggestions and hope it helps for a future pole. I am personally wrestling with getting a winch. The cost: winch, bumper, wiring, suspension leveling and possibly double shocking, and other front end mods for the additional weight really runs the bill up.

What's the best truck for fleet vehicles.
and I don't really even know how to break it down...
New vs Used
Diesel vs Gas
3/4 ton, 1/2 ton, 1/4 ton (such as colorado vs ranger)

(would like to be 4wd and if it can get good fuel mileage, that'd be nice).

---reason for this, our company is needing new(er) vehicles for the superintendents and project managers. We try to stay away from self-perform, but we do more than we'd like. They'd prefer 4wd, cause now they can't drive on a new site w/o worrying about getting stuck. Right now they have 2WD Ford 1/2 tons and 1 work van - and I think all the vehicles have or closing in on 200k miles. They use them as their personal vehicles as well as their work vehicles...but they need dependable.
I've tried talking about 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy Duramax trucks...but there is STRONG OPPOSITION - due to up-front costs, and my stories of maintenance on a 170k mile 6.5TD and a stupid Dodge front-end.

Back