• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll Idea's

I hate reality tv. It's so fake. Somewhere on this forum you can find a video that I posted where some outfit tried to sell the history channel for a harvest reality show that I'm in. (I was only in the promo video used to sell the idea - was never broadcast with the 4 episodes that actually made it to the history channel.) Everything that was taped was while we were waiting for snow to melt so we could get back in the fields to finish the harvest. After getting a taste of the fakeness and drama, I went the opposite direction when I saw them coming...

Rant or poll?

Not exactly sure how my post got here, or what I was referencing, but I'm sure I was referencing something. Seems like it should be in the rant section though, haha. Must've of been semi-asleep when I posted it.. My apologies..

I know that I'm not the only one who is considering selling the diesel because of the high cost of ownership, and I know some, if not most, of us are partial to Chevy/gmc (diesels) BUT:

What 3/4 or 1 ton *rated, 4x4, gas truck would you consider getting and why?

Stats please. (Year, Fuel mileage, ease to work on, ride, dependability, transmission, able to be electronically modified via a chip, etc)

(*=some/many 1/2 ton trucks are rated heavier, especially nowadays)

I'm sure it's been polled, but your preferred bank. I really thought there was already a discussion, but I couldn't find it in my search.

Hot Topic...maybe shouldn't be polled, may spark too much heat

Thoughts on Vaccination shots?
1) I give my babies and myself anything the doctor recommends.
2) I research and pick and choose which vaccinations I think are safe.
3) I have done the research and found that vaccinations potentially cause more issues than good. Therefore I don't approve of vaccinations to my kids.
4) I completely don't trust mass shots of any kind, therefore I stay away from flu shots, vaccines, etc, and don't subject my kids to them either.

X2 good pool idea.
To the above

5) allergic to egg or other specific to you medical reason to avoid getting Vaccinated.

Specific example the hit or miss flu shots.

Hot Topic...maybe shouldn't be polled, may spark too much heat

Thoughts on Vaccination shots?
1) I give my babies and myself anything the doctor recommends.
2) I research and pick and choose which vaccinations I think are safe.
3) I have done the research and found that vaccinations potentially cause more issues than good. Therefore I don't approve of vaccinations to my kids.
4) I completely don't trust mass shots of any kind, therefore I stay away from flu shots, vaccines, etc, and don't subject my kids to them either.
Yes it is a hot topic and would make a great poll. I would like to see what my fellow members think about vaccinations.

If anything PTSD you don't remember anything and refuse to talk about specific things that happened in war. Otherwise you would clearly recall s#itting your pants when something you are on gets blown out of the sky... But wait there is more! New Orleans, perhaps on other stories may also be full of his lies. His lame and inaccurate apology may be tainting my poll suggestions.

Brian Williams lying fabricated story about his 2003 trip to Iraq and being shot down:
1) "It's dead, Jim." So is Brian Williams credibility and career.
2) "I will be back!" After 6 months suspension NBC's public will be too stupid to remember or care.
3) Not enough punishment. NBC should respect combat veterans better than that and needs to outright fire him.
4) Give him a second chance. What's the big deal? We have bigger liars around...

I'm sure it's been asked:

What transmission do you prefer:

CVT
Manual
Automatic
Other
Whatever works at the time
People drive me, therefore I don't have a preference

Preferred Vacations

- What's a vacation?
- Staycation - have a list I need to catch up on
- Staycation - I'm getting familiar with my couch
- Mountains/Snow/Cabin
- Beach/Sand/Water
- Hiking/Camping
- Work so hard for a cause that going back to your routine is a welcome thought.
- Other

Preferred Tires (Explain your choice after voting)

- Slicks
- Strictly Road
- All Terrain
- Mud Terrain
- Snow/Ice
- Other

Not really a poll - so probably should be in off-topic - you decide

- Best job you ever had and why?

- Best career you ever had and why?

- If retired, do you enjoy it?

- If you could work anywhere, where & why?

Back