• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll 10/26/09 Would you loan your truck out?

Poll 10/25/09 Would you loan your truck to a friend.

• Only my best friend.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • A good friend depending on situation.

Votes: 45 49.5%
  • Only to haul or travel local.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Whatever the need.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Not in a million years!!!

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Only to haul the stuff away that he has been storing at your place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anytime.

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
I let my oldest sister drive my truck in knoxville, TN for the first time (and I may add that she had an 89 F150 2wd MT and she worked for the state and drove tractors and MT trucks, and has stuck with cars with MT's, so for immediate family - I trust her and dad when it comes to driving) but anyhow, I let my youngest sister drive (who loves trucks, john deeres, jeeps, and used to drive a MT neon) and I was in the passenger seat, so it wasn't anything too bad, but she redlined in 2, 3, but shifted at ~1400 in 4th, and into 5th. I asked her why she was redlining and she said "I'm doing what I did in my neon" (I now understand why her check engine light was on). I told her to stop - to shift before redline, to stop bucking the truck in 3rd - but to slam it to the floor (don't be afraid of using the pedal), and to blow a little smoke

My check engine light came on near the end of the ~4-5 mile test drive and so I took over and took it for a drive - drove fine. Came back and popped the hood to see oil all over the passenger side of the engine. On closer inspection - the front S bolt hole (I have an "F" engine, with an S stamp with the 2 bolt holes) - the front S bolt was popped out (no biggy - when I bought the truck, there wasn't one), and my boost line had popped out of the intake manifold. I reinstalled both, added a cup of oil, started it up and the light went off.

Fun Times :( This ain't no sissy truck, and I'll reteach my sister, and teach my g/f how to drive a stick. I ain't skeered.

Attachments

• Photo519.jpg
    Photo519.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo520.jpg
    Photo520.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo521.jpg
    Photo521.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo522.jpg
    Photo522.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo518.jpg
    Photo518.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
HELL NO!!! last tim i loand one of my trucks out it didnt come back for almost 3 months! cops wouldnt do anything and then come to find out the B***H had comited froud and tranfred the title!! OMG!! i put a stop to ther got the title reversed back in to my name!! o ya 3 month ordeal!! LONG STORY! i even went to jail over the bull shit!!

SO NO NEVER AGAIN NO MATTER WHO THE HELL IT IS!!!!!!! ILL DO THE DRIVING IN MY TRUCKS AND OR CARS!!!

Pete

Last edited:
I have real issues with trust. :wall:

PTSD is still at large, just ask my psychologist and psychiatrist. And Neurologist. And Wife. :drillsergeant:

None of whom can borrow my trucks. Wife uses them, but she's been trained for 30 years, and it's community property. Son gets at 'em, but only under duress, as he prefers the '67 hot rod.:auto:

Everybody else can wait 'till I die.:grumpy:

I was raised with the belief that if you borrow something, return it in better shape than it was in when you got it. Full of fuel, clean, nothing broken from your use.:ANGRY_~317:

Been burned too many times, F**k 'em all. :AR15firing:
If I can't drive it for them, to help out, it don't happen.:angryfire:

Brothers in law :rocketwhore: are the worst, and have cost me a transmission, and truck bed, 1 each.

Exactly

No.

If in an accident, I've got a busted truck and my having to pay to fix it is totally dependant on them willing (or able) to pay.

Just for a nice double whammy, their accident would count against my insurance.

No thanks.

Buy your own truck.

Just in case any one's wondering, the same goes for family (the wife gets to drive it, but only begrudgingly).

But:

I'm perfectly willing to show up on Saturday or Sunday and give you a hand with whatever you're doing/moving....

:thumbsup:

Back