• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll 10/26/09 Would you loan your truck out?

Poll 10/25/09 Would you loan your truck to a friend.

• Only my best friend.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • A good friend depending on situation.

Votes: 45 49.5%
  • Only to haul or travel local.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Whatever the need.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Not in a million years!!!

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Only to haul the stuff away that he has been storing at your place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anytime.

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
Suggested poll. I liked this idea, so keep them coming.

Would you loan your truck out to a friend?
Only my best friend.
A good friend depending on need.
Just to haul or travel local.
Only if it were live and death.
Not in a million years!
Only to haul the stuff away that he has been storing at your place.
Anytime.

Last edited:
My best friend could borrow anything I own, no questions asked. I voted for the "good friend depending on need". I like my really like my truck but I am not overly attached to it. If something happened to it I would get another.

I am a little different than most here I am sure, but it is only a truck. If someone needs it and I don't, then they can use it.

I put "good friend depending on situation".. I have a few good friends that can't drive worth a damn - I'd haul their stuff FOR them, but I wouldn't let them drive :D

I went with only a best friend since none of them really describe who I would loan mine to. Hell, I won't hardly even let the wife drive mine. There is only a select few people out there I would even let drive my BURB, let alone borrow it. And most of my friends I wouldn't trust with a go-kart. I do have some family members though that have done for me that I would let use it anytime they needed it, but they have done the same for me in the past and I know I can trust them to treat my BURB the same way I treat it.

Not in a million years, or when I die, WECF.

I have real issues with trust. :wall:

PTSD is still at large, just ask my psychologist and psychiatrist. And Neurologist. And Wife. :drillsergeant:

None of whom can borrow my trucks. Wife uses them, but she's been trained for 30 years, and it's community property. Son gets at 'em, but only under duress, as he prefers the '67 hot rod.:auto:

Everybody else can wait 'till I die.:grumpy:

I was raised with the belief that if you borrow something, return it in better shape than it was in when you got it. Full of fuel, clean, nothing broken from your use.:ANGRY_~317:

Been burned too many times, F**k 'em all. :AR15firing:
If I can't drive it for them, to help out, it don't happen.:angryfire:

Brothers in law :rocketwhore: are the worst, and have cost me a transmission, and truck bed, 1 each.

I was raised with the belief that if you borrow something, return it in better shape than it was in when you got it. Full of fuel, clean, nothing broken from your use.:ANGRY_~317:

I'm the same way. I hate borrowing stuff from people, but when I do it WILL be in better shape when it goes back. I used to use a friends 25 WELLCRAFT when I was down in ENGLEWOOD to go diving on, but my dive buddy would always want to burn all of his fuel and then just leave the boat with him to fill it up. Needless to say he only went once. It's funny though because on his boat he won't even pay for fuel, he expects everybody else to chip in for the fuel in the boat AND his truck even if you didn't ride with him. Needless to say were no longer friends.

I voted; A good friend depending on need.

I am picky about who drives it, but not uptight about it if someone really needs to use it.

Not in a million years, that is how stuff gets broke and then they forget to tell you.

I'll loan my truck out to most of my friends, depending on how well I know they drive.

Brandon (07HDClassic) and Devin (83GMCK2500) could (and have) borrow my truck any time they need. Heck, Brandon had keys for it last year, and I still have a key for his truck.

I would loan my truck out to most of my friends depending on the reason why they needed it. Like Dave said, he has his own set of keys for my truck because if he needed it he can just take it (as long as I don't need it) and we rode to class together all last year. And Devin took my truck to Spokane for a concert last week because there were 4 people going and my truck has more room for everyone (mainly more room for him cause he is so tall). If a friend needs my truck and they have a good reason for using it, they can use it, as long as I still have a ride.

Ive loaned a truck once just because he needed the crew cab and only has baby trucks. I think if I let anyone tow with my old stuff the would over heat them, hard to only go 40 mpg to keep everything in check on the interstate :D

I picked a buddy up when his truck was blown up once, we went hunting, and when i got home the wife and i got in a "conversation" and i threw him the keys and told him i'd get it later since my tranny was intermittantly unlocking, i was more worried about the truck breaking on its own than him breaking it.......he is the same friend who has thrown me his keys before, so i trust him.

The wife is allowed if i've been drinking, or she needs to move something big.

thats really it though.

Voted best friend. Some of my employers have trusted me with very expensive equipment and I return the favor with the most expensive thing I own. Otherwise, never.

My truck, not in a million years. That goes double for some relatives (they are always getting into fender benders.....and it's never :rolleyes5: their fault). I will however be more than willing to help someone who needs a truck, but I will be the one driving. One of my issues is my truck is not replaceable. Can't get a big block anymore and I don't want a diesel. Plus I scrimped, sacrificed, and saved way too much to be able to buy my truck.

The Impala and Jeep, some family can borrow. Depends on their driving record.

Last winter I busted my plow at midnight, asked one of the highway dept guys if he knew where I could find a piston in the middle of the night. He gave me his pickup to use for the rest of the storm, plowed my entire route with it. I've known him for years, but just to say hi to, we don't hang out or anything. I thought that was really big.

I loaned my truck out once to a friend who plowed a driveway with it, was worth it to hear him rave about what a monster the truck is.

Back