• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Poll 10/26/09 Would you loan your truck out?

Poll 10/25/09 Would you loan your truck to a friend.

• Only my best friend.

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • A good friend depending on situation.

Votes: 45 49.5%
  • Only to haul or travel local.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Whatever the need.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Not in a million years!!!

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Only to haul the stuff away that he has been storing at your place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anytime.

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
If I call em friend, like the question stated then it's anytime. Friends to me are not just people I know but people I care about and in that case it's anytime.......truck can be replaced, friends can't

A good friend depending on situation.

A good friend depending on situation.

My truck has original paint, graphics, and interior in excellent condition and I reqiore it for my construction business daily.

Therefore I have a lot at risk.

Good friend depending on the situation. I've got a good friend who can break an anvil with a plastic spoon. I don't even like him in the area when I work on my truck.:nono:

Luckily, i only drive stick, and few of my friends can, so when someone needs my assistance, they bank on me doing the driving anyway.

The only people local i would let drive is my boss, (fellow handshaker, 98 12V and 03 HPCR, both manual) my two Indiana buddies (one DDs a stick) and my old man, and thats about it for whom i would actually turn the keys over to.

My other "friend" thinks he can drive stick, but he really can't, plus he is a lying piece of crap, so if he broke anything, "it was like that already" :D

No one's really asked to use mine before.

Shoot man, you keep that thing too clean. I was scared I was gonna scratch it by looking at it, let alone when you let me drive her. By the way, I still like the way that LBZ drives:D. The smoothenss in that thing was hard to believe.

Anytime! Sometimes that has backfired but I don't baby my truck either. I love it, but I use it as intended dings and scratches add character.
Although the last time a friend borrowed my truck and trailer he drove on a blown out trailer tire for miles until passer-by's flagged him down.

A good friend and depending on the situation - but to extend that - but if I can get a glimpse on how they treat their vehicles and what they use their vehicles for...oh, and if they can drive a stick, then I'll be more lenient....oh and it always helps if they give me their vehicle too:)

I had the idea for this poll after this situation came up:

My buddy is a die hard Ford man. He has a 2000 7.3 CC 4wd F250 and his wife has a 01 7.3 2wd Excursion. His wife is better at picking trucks than he is. I warned him there were nicer 7.3's for the same money and that truck was gonna give him trouble. It was a used/abused ranch truck with a hide-a-ball in the bed but it was lifted and "looked" cool. This morning it was making noises so he stopped at the local mechanic right near my house. I told him instead of them both missing work to just walk to my house and take mine. This is the text I got about an hour later:

i aint playn wit nutin!wat u got dat programmer set on!!!!!!dat f***** gots some getty up cuz !! n its sucking da fuel!!!!!!very cool ride !! dont tell nobody i told u that please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure I won't......

I will really have to look at who gets to use it now. I lent it to my pastor to help move his son here from Kansas City. WELL they did a very poor job with straps and they drove in a wind that ended being just at $900 for fixing the box of some scratches and to buff it out. The son stiffed me on paying for part of it, the pastor did not. So I will pick what gets done next time.

Back