• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

&%$# PMD AGAIN!!!!!

you taking it to a regular shop or the dealership. If the dealership they replace the injectionpump with the pdm a one if still under warranty. So they probably have to order it.

Thanks for the replies, i don't think i could get the dealer to do the cash idea, they would, i'm sure, want to do it themselves. And as far as a loaner goes they won't give one out because of insurance reasons. I called GM Corp. and a person promised me an enterprise truck but when it came time to pick it up they said that the person mispoke and that i wasn't getting one. Oops, was I ranting? sorry lol. Anyway, the heath kit looks tempting but $500 is allot of money for something that should be replaced by the dealer free of charge in a timely manner. The dealer said that if i wanted they would work with me and what i've already paid on my truck towrd the purchase of a diffrent truck.

I hope that the money towards the new truck doesn't wind up like the loner. :sosp:

let them replace it and then buy the heat sink and mount it in the bumper.

x2 Sven,
>Get a Dipaco/D-tech PMD with a cooler, extension cable and move it outside the engine bay. <

I like the D-techs extension harness better than Heaths zip-tie solution.

I like the D-techs extension harness better than Heaths zip-tie solution.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Adrian. When I first saw it, I thought WTF?

'Course, it's been on the truck ever since, through snow, rain, dirt, etc with no problems, so maybe looks aren't everything.

LOL... Gotta admit, it still looks like a band-aid solution.

Well it's got a used pmd on it now for $60. Didn't want to risk another month at the dealership. I don't need another ip. I guess when it's about to end the warranty i'll put the old pmd on it and get a new IP that way :D

don't forget to have that bowl spotlessly clean when you go in for warranty coverage,
You helped me get my last one after a long phone call. I did all that work and they didn't have any problems claiming it under warranty. However I don't think with the dealer I went to that they would care if the tank was half full of clay. Wern't the brightest people i've met. Took them a week just to set the timing, or so they say...........

Back