• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Picked up a TDI Cup Edition today.

The MS/2's do pretty good in the snow, nothing like the Blizzaks but decent for an all season tire.

I'm quickly becoming a tire snob as well. They've gotten too expensive to just do whatever. We just put Dueler Revo 2's on the 05, replacing the Transforces on there. For another hundred bucks, these seem like they're going to be a lot better tire, I have never been happy with those Firestones. They wore out quick, this is the 6th set of tires on this truck since we bought it, with only 110k miles on it. I'll be happy if these last 40k with the way it gets driven. Got 50k out of the Dueler RH-S's that were on our Suburban Z71, and those went back on. Very happy with them.

On my G8 I'm running the Blizzak LM-60's (245/45R19) that came with the car (in addition to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus that were on it), and they're OK, but very much performance oriented, not traction. Not sure what I'm going to do for summers (picking up a set of Camaro 5 spoke wheels), but likely either Bridgestone or Michelin.

Tires are a never ending subject, I'd love to go work for one of the manufacturers and give them a piece of my mind, LOL.

The transforces are a joke, no traction and no life.

The Duelers are better, I used to run 695s on our trucks but now that we have a Fleet account with Michelin its tough to pass up the $50 lower price tag per tire on the AT/2s versus the Duelers along with an extra 20k of mileage. We would get 10k out of Transforce AT's, 30k out of Dueler 695s and the Michelin AT/2s have been going to 50k which is pretty impressive for the abuse we put them through. They are not as good on snow and ice but I run snow tires so that doesn't matter to me really.

I replace the crappy stock Pirellis on my wifes TDI with some Pilot Spot A/S3's and really like them. They are a very high performance A/S tire. They are more a summer tire with good wear IMO though, they weren't too good on the snow but again I don't really care due to running snow tires. The A/S3's just came out last summer and are priced very well. I have a hard time getting them to slide in the corners, barely even get a squeel out of them. I take 30mph corners at 80 with that car and they just bite.

I currently have the Plus A/S2's, look like this:

trans.gif
michelin-pilot-sport-as-plus.jpg

Definitely looking at a full summer tire, not an A/S. ;)

Any photos of the exhaust and the underbelly pan yet Vin?

No haven't put it on yet. Never seem to sync our schedules.

I currently have the Plus A/S2's, look like this:

trans.gif
michelin-pilot-sport-as-plus.jpg

Definitely looking at a full summer tire, not an A/S. ;)

I was originally as well but the summer tires don't offer good tread wear and with the miles she puts on I wanted decent wear. Otherwise I would've put some pilot super sports on.

Looks and sounds very cool Vin! That little 4 cyl diesel is a screamer! That has more turbo spool up sound than my Duramax. :lmao:

Curb weight is 3200lbs. It's fun to drive, really sticks to the corners and the GLI seats hold you in place.

Nice Vin. That's the thing I like about the Jetta, very go-kart like driving. My G8 handles about as well, but is a much different experience, being V8, RWD and almost half a ton heavier.

Sent from Behind the Pine Curtain

Yeah this thing really sticks, its a little stiffer ride with the GLI suspension, but its solid in the corners.

It's go kart like in a way I guess but more pleasant lol. We have a kart track here that we went to for my bachelor party and another time with CAT, its a true racing coarse with banked turns and everything, karts do 50mph+. They do 10 lap heats and man at the end of 10 laps you are ready to get out and take a breather. I was more sore from the karts than I was from the rest of my bachelor party. Those things were fun though.

Back