• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PCM shootout!

Ok then. Just throwing an idea out there. Thought thats what this thread was for. And as for the weight i suggested, i figured this would cover for the average owner of these trucks. ie. a snowmobile/ATV trailer, light equipment trailer, or a small car. I am towing over 10K on a weekly basis with mainly a stock truck. Just figured thats not the "average" 6.5 owner.

Wasnt trying to "push" anyone. I am very greatfull that someone even cares enough to do this in the first place. It was just an idea. I obviously stand corrected.

Trust me when I say I don't mind any suggestions. That is why I created this thread. I truly enjoy bringing new articles about the 6.5 to everyone who is interested. It is not an easy task trying to get a truck done as well as pitching articles to different magazines and having to write the articles. If I wasn't leaving for the Navy on Dec. 9th we would be doing a lot more testing for the feature. But unfortunatly time and weather have put me in a bit of a crunch. The only 6.5 build I have ever seen with more time and money put into it was the Bonneville truck, so I thank 635 for his willingness to purchase the parts and dyno time.

I will be doing the "Project 350HP" article for sure and hope to get enough vendor support to get the "PCM Shootout" article done as well. These articles will be available through MaxxTorque magazine. This is the only magazine that has dedicated itself to the 6.5 and 6.6 engines. However because of the small audience they address it is hard to get quality material for there publication. That is where you all come in, your ideas and dedication to your vehicles is what makes this all possible. So in order to read these articles and other great things about your trucks you do have to sign up at MaxxTorque.com but I promise it is a membership worth every penny. Plus with every membership it allows myself and other vendors to keep writting about your trucks.

I will be in training for 5 months but as soon as I get back to reality I will continue to work with the different magazines and hopefully get more and more of your vehicles stories published. Thanks for all the support!

Ian

Thats money well spent on all cases subscribing to Maxx Torque. Thats what makes the world go round....

Thats what makes it possible for people to do the things you are doing.

So here is how this whole thing is going to go. I will only be running a few different programs do to reasons I cannot mention on the forum, but trust me there is good reason for this. So in lite of these current events I have decided to blend the two articles I am doing into one. We will still be testing a few different PCM's but we will also be going for a HP record at the same time. In going for this record we will use all PCM's at our disposal and find out what one makes the most power. No matter which one wins I will be sure to document HP and Torque and have the graphs displayed in the article. The two magazines covering the event will be MaxxTorque and Diesel World. I will not reveal the results untill after the magazines are on news stands. I am sorry if this dissapoints anyone but I can promise you won't want to miss this article in either magazine. Each magazine will cover slightly different points of the build up and pictures. So I would urge you to purchase both to get the full story. Thank you for all your ideas and enthusiasm in this build.

Ian

I am not sure about MaxxTorque but the Diesel World article is schedualed for the April issue which hits shelfs in March I think. Call MaxxTorque and subscribe, they are quarterly so you won't miss it and you will have access to there online magazine site to be able to see every issue ever written.

I am not sure about MaxxTorque but the Diesel World article is schedualed for the April issue which hits shelfs in March I think. Call MaxxTorque and subscribe, they are quarterly so you won't miss it and you will have access to there online magazine site to be able to see every issue ever written.

Will do. Well worth the cost just for the shootout article alone!!!

If you 'only' new what the cost really was??

LOL... Must be cheaper than a new D-Max... This thing should last long enough to get your returns and more out of it. The little things that will go years to come will be no brainers to fix, and get more and more years out of the truck... Its a good investment 635...... Worth more to you than anyone else for a few years to say the least though :)

Even though it's prolly a typo. The SuperTrooper reference is still worth recalling. Viewing that Meow traffic stop scene is still highly recommended. Meow sir.....

Also found the simulated bear/hunter action pretty entertaining!

I wonder exactly how much bullshit Ian was throwing at us.... He's a young kid, probably doesn't realize the world isn't as big as he thinks it is. Thinking you can lie and burn people and it will just pass over with a little time wont get you very far. The older you get, the more you realize the world really isn't that large of a place.

I wonder exactly how much bullshit Ian was throwing at us.... He's a young kid, probably doesn't realize the world isn't as big as he thinks it is. Thinking you can lie and burn people and it will just pass over with a little time wont get you very far. The older you get, the more you realize the world really isn't that large of a place.

Did I miss something?

Back