• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PCM shootout!

6.5quest

Reaction score
So here is my thought, I have been working on the project 350hp truck for a while now and realized how good of a test truck this would be for a PCM test. No one to my knowledge has run a Heath, Kennedy, SS, ext. PCM dyno/hill climb test. So I have started talking to some of the manufacturers of the PCM's and might be able to do a separate article on at least 3 of the top programmers for the 6.5L.

The test would be done the same day we do the HP record run but then change the truck back to a GM-8 turbo and run at least 3 different PCM's 2 times each. After that we have a very steep and long hill that we could run a 1000 foot test to see who runs the fastest speed, quickest time, and lowest EGT's.

Just wanted to see how many of you would be interested in this article if I can make it happen?

Ian

Would be curious about your findings...

Just for giggles, you should compare to a stock tune as well if possible...

Count me in I would love to read up/follow a test like this. Last time I logged in "over there" they had a discussion going on about someone wanting to do a test like this amongst all the Different Tunes. They included SS diesel, Kennedy, Heath, and BD diesel. Don't know how it went from there.

Count me in. I have a stock '98 PCM that I could loan for the cause.

If the vendors commit to this I will be giving you a call to use that PCM. I am glad to here you all are interested in this. The more support you all post on this thread the better the chances, so if you have an opinion please say so here!

I still have my stock 99 PCM also because when Heath did mine I sent him a PCM out of a 2000 I got from a buddy that worked for GMC(it was an extra). And my sister in-law lives in Ranier, WA, so I'd be interested in coming up for the shootout and then my wife could see her sister also.

My only concern with the test is that you are telling the tuners you're testing the tunes they are sending you. You may end up with something a little hotter than what normally comes off of the shelf.

I still have my stock 99 PCM also because when Heath did mine I sent him a PCM out of a 2000 I got from a buddy that worked for GMC(it was an extra). And my sister in-law lives in Ranier, WA, so I'd be interested in coming up for the shootout and then my wife could see her sister also.

6.5 Get together anyone?

If the vendors commit to this I will be giving you a call to use that PCM. I am glad to here you all are interested in this. The more support you all post on this thread the better the chances, so if you have an opinion please say so here!

PM sent.

Back