• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

PCM shootout!

Cause alot of 6.5 people still have their GMx turbos and thats what the programs on all the tuned ECM's will be for I assume??

I believe they are going to do tests with both gm8 and att

Now THAT would be a cool test. I don't think all of vendors know about or have actual had the chance to work on a live ATT to test parameters. With the GM-x its limited to the best the turbo can give, with the ATT, its limited to how much the engine can take lol

Cause alot of 6.5 people still have their GMx turbos and thats what the programs on all the tuned ECM's will be for I assume??

You shouldn't assume too much, my tune is made for att, it works with stock gm turbo too, but it is mainly tuned in suburban with ATT

We are only testing the PCM shootout with a GM-8. The reason being is that some of the vendors don't know what there program will do with an ATT and specified a factory turbo. Another reason is we only have the Dyno for a short period of time and I just don't know if we will have enough time to do everything we want. The main reason for doing this was to try and set a new HP record, the shootout would be a side job that I truly hope works out. I know people with and without upgraded PCM's would love to see the results so I hope all of the vendors come through for us all!

The tune is very nice, I have been running it for a week or so now.

I will be purchasing the winner of this test n the future.

I will also.

This is going to boost sales of those who compete by a ton.

Those who don't compete are going to get slaughtered by media/gossip because they can't donate a reflash to compete, meaning they have no faith in their product. If they don't have faith in their own products, nobody is going to buy.

This test isn't going away EVER in the internet databases.

Venders have been around for a long time claiming serious claims, and multiple revisions of their reflashes.

Time to see who actually believes in their reflash, and those who simply market the reflash to take your money.

I'm just getting ready to build mine so sombody here might be getting my dime.

Sounds like an awesome idea. Just a thought, but i would love to see a trailer behind the truck doing these runs. Two runs with just the truck, and maybe another run with a loaded trailer. Say maybe 3-5K lbs? Alot of people buy a diesel pickup with intentions of towing. And this is where they shine. Why not see which programer shows the most improvement in this area.

Then someone will want to know the best fuel milage with these euc's, then the best quarter mile, then the best top speed.

This pickup in question pulls a big Teton fifth wheel with a combined weight just under 24K. But it won't be doing any trailer and load testing. Besides what kind of test can be done with 3-5K pounds. My fifth wheel car trailer weighs 4K by itself. The pickup by itself weighs right at 7,500 full of fuel and the accessories.

We also have to remember the best program for this engine build may not be the best for another. It will however be a feather in the cap of the programmer who wins.:smile5:

Leo

I think we should all be happy enough that they are both willing to devote their time and money into doing the tests they have mentioned :) so maybe we shouldn't push them to do more, because what they are doing so far takes a fair bit of time alone. They have to make sure they get good baseline numbers, let the truck cool down to the same temperatures, and few other things to get good fair results. Swapping ECM's can take some time to make sure the computer has relearned right, and you might get slowed down by the Passlock© system too. They will have to wait for the engine to cool completely down to change turbos, and will require some fasteners to be removed. It all adds up quickly, wish I could be there to meet you guys and give you a hand :sad:

NVW and CIL6, thanks for your comments. You both are right on the money.

But everyone should know this is not a typical 6.2 or 6.5. This engine build is in MaxxTorque for everyine to read, if they want to anyway.

It would be similar to comparing CIL6's engine to the 6.2 or 6.5 and for him to be testing different programs.

The tests will show different to every vehicle tested.

Back