• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 Progress

Did a little bit of work on it this weekend, not as much as I had hoped though. Found out my crossover pipe that runs under the front is going to contact the girdle. So we are going to have to re-do the pipe, but will do that once it is in the truck and we see what room we have. Need to get a fitting for the injection pump inlet as well. I had a Ford inlet cone installed on the injection pump as well because of the larger inlet. I tapped the FFM out as well to match. Like a mechanical FTB haha. Ordered a new shorter baffle than the one that was on the crossover, and a different style. Should work a lot better. Am also going to order some new v-band flanges as well, though in doing some research, I think the banks centermount pieces use a marmon flange, which to my understanding is a slightly different type of connection (one thinner piece that mates to a thicker piece, as opposed to two equal pieces as in a V-Band). Should be a lot nicer when all is said and done. LeroyDiesel also shipped my new oil cooler as well, so that is installed and ready to go. Along with a t-shirt! I wouldn't shop anywhere else

KIMG0704.JPG

Are you running a fuel pressure gauge post-FFM? I'd be concerned that the FFM would be a fuel restriction at your power level, even with FTB mods.

I was wondering if you had a thread. I'll be watching for updates now!

^I was literally going to post the same thing Nate just did about the fuel pressure. I'd try to talk you out of a stock FFM before you run it too hard but it'll be fine to get up and running.

I have thought about it for a long time. Even with the 3/8 outlet, the screen area inside the FFM still seems like a restriction. What holds me back from removing it at the moment is the fact I don't have another water/fuel separator, or a fuel heater. Both are going to be down the road, but for now, I think this will do fine.

I have thought about it for a long time. Even with the 3/8 outlet, the screen area inside the FFM still seems like a restriction. What holds me back from removing it at the moment is the fact I don't have another water/fuel separator, or a fuel heater. Both are going to be down the road, but for now, I think this will do fine.
I went without a fuel heater last winter with no problems down to 0*F. I bought a magnetic heating pad to mount to the filter, but never installed it. For water separator, I installed a filter with a drain to the filter base I got from Leroy that is installed pre-lift pump.

I agree though, you can run the modified FFM to get you going and then upgrade in the future.

The heater is solely for water separation, remember. It de-crystalizes water molecules so the dual-purpose filters can separate them. I run the whole shebang. I've never drained water over the past 250k miles but you never know what kind of junk fuel you may come across one day if you plan on driving your trucks over long distances.

Anyways, it's not winter (yet) ! So SEND IT for now!

Please forgive me, but I must admit, my knowledge of filters is slightly lacking. By slightly I mean a lot. So by what I understood, can I run a filter that separates water and filters fuel? I've seen there are fuel heaters that spin on like a filter that the filter than bolts to. Maybe that'd be a good way to go

Another thing, my AirDog 100 said it doesn't need a return. So if I delete my FFM, what would happen with all the return lines from the injectors and pump and such?

Another thing, my AirDog 100 said it doesn't need a return. So if I delete my FFM, what would happen with all the return lines from the injectors and pump and such?

Oh boy, you are new to fuel systems!

You still need all the injector and injection pump return lines. Those are a separate part of the system. The Raptor pump instructions are talking about a return straight from the fuel pump to the tank. Some larger pumps have a dedicated return and constantly cycle fuel back to the tank. Or "bypass regulation".

Keep the return. It's the ONLY way to purge air from the system (after the Airdog). You would be surprised at how much air/vapor comes out of the injectors.

@Will L. can learn you about filters. Doesn't the Airdog already have two filters on it? Regardless a good water separator and a separate fuel filter go a long way when you get bad fuel. GM's all in one units let you down when you need them the most like my bugs in fuel saga.

Sorry, I'm not afraid to admit when I don't know shit lol that being one. I'd rather learn and do it right then mess it up with flawed knowledge. I just got the airdog pump from Leroy. I figured I already have his base for filters and everything. No sense in getting two.

Keep the return. It's the ONLY way to purge air from the system (after the Airdog). You would be surprised at how much air/vapor comes out of the injectors.

@Will L. can learn you about filters. Doesn't the Airdog already have two filters on it? Regardless a good water separator and a separate fuel filter go a long way when you get bad fuel. GM's all in one units let you down when you need them the most like my bugs in fuel saga.

The pump he got is a Raptor (pump only). It's not the style you are thinking of which has everything integrated into one unit like a FASS Titanium or Airdog or Airdog-II

So I've been working a little on our cake topper and thought you guys might enjoy. It started life as a C1500, but I think I've got it to mimic my truck pretty close. We have a cake topper of the bride dragging the groom away, and we are going to have it dragging me away from my truck. It's gonna be fun!

KIMG0695.JPG T1.jpg T2.jpg

Back