• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0087 Low Rail Pressure Code

Yeah I was really surprised because I've bought there on a near empty tank as recently as a couple of months ago without any trouble. This filter was all the same Murphy's store at the local Wallyworld. There IS one difference though. I've never used anything but the Parker/Racor OEM equivalent. This is the first AC Delco since they all went to the new design. I was pretty sure the ACs were still made by Racor.

Sent from my SCH-I535

The dual element filter IS a RACOR. RACOR makes them for AC DELCO. AVOID the palstic WIX at all costs. A friend of mine who runs a shop says he sees about 1-2 trucks a month with them that need MAJOR fuel system work. Just had one in with one, and the element collapsed. It was a farm truck with red diesel from a farm tank, and the crap went through it and plugged up several injectors to the point they wouldn't inject anything.

The fuel pumps at the station have filters in them with a bypass. I would put $ on they are over on their filter change and you got the bypass results. I have a habit of starting to pump the first 10 seconds where I can see the fuel. The worst time to fuel up is when they are empty, or filling their tanks. As long as the pump filter is good it will make no difference to you. If their filter is bad, this is your result. It takes about an hour for the tank to settle after being filled.

Back