• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Our New house

Studs and joists are for drilling so I can run wires through- all you fancy framer dudes...
I learned to ask before I build myself. And when in doubt- no better build than overkill!
I would lean towards 3” ibeam - because STEEL!

whats the new problem? Wife decided a bigger kitchen is better?

Floors going to have support poles under in similar to a patio.
New prob is Roy in a 6x8 inch beam that the back side of original house is sitting on.
Wife to be is ok with kitchen size (since I'm the one that cooks) however she's not impressed with the 12 foot by 20 foot hole in the floor.

Don't know much about doing that. But I'll try.i know there's multiple floor joists that are brittle and have little tunnels in them..and the main beam down the center is damaged. KIMG2803.JPGas a matter of un-fun facts for the day, while crawling under the house, I found some interesting bones..cut off very clean. Very old.. decided to call nys police. Next thing I knew I had 6 state troopers there. 2 showed up saw the bones, called more officers...snow ball effect... medical examiner came, took the bones. I'll attach pics of them there not sure if the origin of them yet.

Well, @Stoney are the police doing a major excavation under the house today?

I understand if a major murder investigation is going on and you can't talk about it.

It does seem suspicious that the bones have been cut with a saw, maybe a previous home owner sawed up a body and hid it under the house...... :(

No actually. They said they were going to determine what they were.🤔.???WTF?? I get that this is n.y. and cops are pretty busy. But ummm my common sense tells me you rope off the area at least till you know something. They told me if I find more to call them..!!?? I was like huh?? I'm not a rocket scientist but they look like they were cut with a very sharp saw. And I know how to Google a human skeleton dammit. Maybe I'm nieve or something.
Not sure if I mentioned earlier in this thread but there's a sealed off room behind one of the cinder block walls in the basement. you can tell there was a door there at one time going through the wall, but at some point in time it was sealed off with cinder block, at first I thought maybe there was a bilco door coming out of the ground there on the outside at one time.. I ran into a problem with that theory.. at ground level behind that cinder block wall is a concrete patio. That's about 10 ft by 17 foot. That doorway would have went right under it. So I figured well the house was built in the forties and had a major remodel in 1960. So could possibly be a fallout / bomb shelter. Up until yesterday I really wanted to cut that doorway back open and see what's behind it thinking maybe cool I have a bomb shelter... After yesterday I'm not sure if I want to open it.

Back