• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Our New house

I'm KINDA of the same mind set...BUT..
I guess I could hope to find some antiques in there or something. Maybe offset the cost of dealing with the termite problem..lol...or I might find Jimmy Hoffa.

I'm KINDA of the same mind set...BUT..
I guess I could hope to find some antiques in there or something. Maybe offset the cost of dealing with the termite problem..lol...or I might find Jimmy Hoffa.
That would be a win~win situation. Get rich from antiques sales and or, get rich for finding the Jimmy. What a news paper would pay for a story such as that, just think, You would be world famous in the tabloids. LOLOLOL
Carve through that wall, curious minds wants to know whats in there. LOLOLOL

Demo saw is in order..think I'm gonna drill a hole through it first.. see if I can confirm it is a chamber...can't imagine what else it could be...I'll take lots of pics

Anyone got suggestions on getting rid of the termites?
I have been watching a LOT of them house rebuilding shows.
One house had a severe termite problem. The exterminator came and looked over the situation, told them to replace the bad wood then He would come back and exterminate the soil. he said You have to eliminate the problem in the wood first. Something about the queen being in the soil. I dont know about it if there`d be concrete. Queen has to be somewhere.
Thats as much as I know about termites.

New York police and law enforcement are at ground zero from the Virus right now, I am going to guess that some old bones are not a priority right now. Yea, if a murder just happened recently I suppose it would be more of a priority.

Those police probably took the bones back and are going to test them for any possible clues, DNA and all that stuff. They probably have some guy in the office that is going to do a little investigating on previous owners of the house, was there ever any disappearances, strange occurrences, etc.

Sooo . . . Are you starting to hear whispering voices saying something like: "Geeeetttt Ooooouuuuutttt . . .!" ?

Too bad you found the bones after making a hole out of the kitchen. Might have played this off to the Government to do that work as part of the investigation :)

So haven't updated this thread since ..well..since the state police were here I guess. Gonna snap a few pics of where I'm at right now with the place.. keep in mind covid put me out of business and we closed on it 3 days before NY got shut down..and right now my county is back in orange zone do no non essential businesses can operate. So basically Been spending the summer doing some delivery work (kinda like delivering parts for AutoZone). But doing it with a crew cab dually isn't exactly cost effective..but do what you gotta do right..plus been doing part time home health care for a older lady. So that helps to..but money has been seriously tight..got remarried in June. And have baby due in February. So...yeah.. money. Not much of it to work with for house repairs..but getting there. We're living in the house but seriously roughing it. Can only spend what I got right..lol

First pics. Remember the strange door in the basement..I sent yall a shout out..lol compliments, of my wife's craft paint. Btw state police and cornell still only response with"call us if you find any more " when I ask if they found out anything about the bones that were under the house..but some of the old timer neighbors that have lived around here a long time have made some very educated guesses, regarding the who's and why's and why cops are indifrent to it..KIMG3366.JPG

Notice the difference in the masonry work..the wall was built pretty good as far as nice joints...the door looks like it was done at a way different time and done in a rush.. extremely sloppy.

All new 12-2 wiring and drywall..don't try to buy 10-3 cable right now seriously high price. But gonna have to get it eventually so I can wire baseboard heaters and hot water tank etc...can't do nat gas appliance's cause can't get a inspection done to get gas turned on..thanks covid.KIMG3377.JPG

Turning this room into bathroom..old bathroom was in the addition. And addition isn't salvagable..knew that when we bought the house..walk in closet is perfect to make into a tub alcove. Stuff is in place but only roughed in..no plumbing to it yet.

Attachments

• KIMG3380.JPG
    KIMG3380.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 2
Back