• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Optimizer Failure Points?

Bostic sells a good bit of stuff on fleebay, most all of there other adds state made in Mexico.. and research how many times the company has changed their name over the years.... They have a foundry casting mannies down south per the add, just makes me wounder that much more????

So it's sounding like the failure point for the Optimizers now is the connecting rods......I wonder if there's a readily-available connecting rod that is stronger and could be minimally modified to fit in our Optimizers? I would sure love to tear mine down and inspect it now that I've run it at this power level for a year.
Modified D-Max rods?

One last comment here, give them a call and ask if the block has the navstar diamonds, bet they tell you no because to cast the diamonds it makes the cost more so they save YOU money by not casting them.... ask me how I know .....

And notice there aren't any dots or lines in the valley... guess they are saving ya some money there also...

Bostic sells a good bit of stuff on fleebay, most all of there other adds state made in Mexico.. and research how many times the company has changed their name over the years.... They have a foundry casting mannies down south per the add, just makes me wounder that much more????
I started to say the Ebay link is for Bostic Motors out of North Carolina. Then after some googleing, I discovered there NC address comes up to an ATLAS power systems, figure no big deal still. Then I read an old thread over at DP from 2 people that bought them because they didn't appear to be affiliated with international diesel. Low and behold there engines shipped from International Diesels warehouse in New York. So it's a shell company for the INFAMOUS SCREW YOU OVER international diesel out of New York, the same company that has setup up 5 or 6 shell companies to stay in business. Should have known something was up when they claimed to sell to the US government when they do ALL there business through GEP and government contracts, but international diesel uses the SAME sales pitch for there engines. So I would avoid that block at all costs as international diesel out of New York has been caught swearing there blocks were not cast in china, but in reality that is where they were cast at. So I'm betting it's another CKO block, but using a fake storefront to push them out.

No one ever said they weren't listening to you sctrailrider. I'm just watching the comments on everybody's feedback. It's interesting to learn

That totally sucks, guess I'll have to Unwatch that block on eBay. I'm surprised International Diesel is still around in any form. Last I heard a few years back, they were being sued in a multi-state Class Action suit led by the Pennsylvania AG for selling trashed motors as "remanufactured" by putting reman heads on toasted blocks. Then when the motor failed shortly after initial startup, blamed the customer for "over heating" the motor because the head(s) heat tab had changed. It started because a doctor in PA bought one of their reman drop-in engines and it failed within seven minutes of install with the #8 cylinder failure, which International Diesel claimed was his fault because the heat tab on the head had turned. Turns out the motor was a military pullout from Iraq they slapped a set of reman heads on and called "remanufactured".

This was an ongoing thread about ten years ago on the SSD 6.5 forum.

No one ever said they weren't listening to you sctrailrider. I'm just watching the comments on everybody's feedback. It's interesting to learn

That wasn't directed towards you or anyone ... some don't feel good when I get sharp with my comments, I tend to be straight to the point more than I should in my old age .... all is good on my end...

That wasn't directed towards you or anyone ... some don't feel good when I get sharp with my comments, I tend to be straight to the point more than I should in my old age .... all is good on my end...
Try being in constant pain and on pain meds to deal with it. It gets me in trouble ALOT as I OFTEN blurt things out without thinking it through.

As to international, they've been called out so many times, sued so many times, and so on, it really is shocking they're still around. I remember somebody buying one of there "new" blocks awhile back, and they said it still had a chinese bill of laden or something with it. They got blasted on the forums for it, and they changed names again. They keep opening up new business's out of warehouse spaces under shell companies(basically just a business registered under an attorney who did the paperwork, and funnels it all back to a blind corporation), and keeping the gig going. I know I almost bought from them years back because they talk a good game. From what I read, there other engines are just as bad.

Yep....
Bostic Motors Inc or BMI has a website and claims to walk the walk and be a "real" company with a real address. But if you google map or google earth their Bostic, NC address there is no company appearance ie sign, employee or customer parking etc. So basically they are an internet company.

On the net I found some info on a foundry in Brazil with some affiliation or previous affiliation to Navistar but they do not mention the 6.5 engine. I cannot find any other Brazilian retailer or link to a Brazilian source. The Chinese do seem to have a copy of the Hummer in their military and you can buy many 6.5 parts through alibaba website - links to Chinese manufacturers. You can connect the dots.

I bet the blocks are ok but knock off's and somewhat luck of the draw. Probably a little better than early GM but are not the same as GEP.

Ever notice that the pictures of their motors appear to be sitting outside of a storage unit overhead door?

well, 599 is F'd too. So lookin like a new block. I checked in with Teds, and a 6.5L Optimizer will run $3500 including freight. So ah, yeah, anybody got any leads on any Optimizer for cheaper?

No, everything used would be a guess as to how it really will last....

I guess you need a motor now??

If you were to save up a NEW motor would be nice, and then you would know what you have... any rebuild project if done correct will cost what a crate will.. but I know new isn't in the cards for everyone, but everyone should consider it and weigh the long term cost both ways...

I have a few contacts, I'll ask around for ya and see what used I can come up with.. I have one but I'm holding on to it for now..

At this point, I've got several options I'm contemplating. Keep searching for, god forbid, a block that isn't cracked (unicorn I'm starting to think). Risk it on the BMI block. Throw in a block I know at least runs and go until it explodes. Or throw in the running block and sell the truck with all my mods (IP, injectors, exhaust manifolds, exhaust, intake, all that shit)

I have a 6.2 that I have not pulled apart yet that could possibly be good. My blown up 2000 may be good lol.

It sucks to say, but the total on the 6.5 that is going to be going in my truck is probably pretty close to the same cost as a p400. I had the block machined and the heads rebuilt and total on just machine work was around $3600 I think. Then add in the scat crank, main studs, head studs, roller rockers, and all the other odds and ends... I wouldn't be surprised if with all the bolt ons and everything, I will have over $10,000 in my engine. Kinda sucks when you think about it considering it could decide to break at any time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back