• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OHC install on son's '95 Cheyenne

Ray Dawson

Reaction score
Just did the OHC install on my son's '95 Cheyenne yesterday. I found an OHC console from a local junkyard only to find that is the longer one and would not fit in his truck. Got lucky and found a shorter one at another junkyard. Once we cleaned and painted the headliner from another donor truck, I wired the map lights to the dome light wiring, modified the OHC to sit flush with the headliner, and installed it using 1 1/2" sheet metal screws in the back and the factory one up front.

I think it turned out pretty good and it was good to be out working with my son alongside me getting his hands dirty on his truck.

JT working on his truck.jpeg OHC.jpeg

Looks good. In the front area where rear a/c controls would be in a suburban, I've seen people put digital gauges up there, looked cool. I wonder if a scan gauge 2 would fit up there.

Not sure, was thinking of maybe a trans cooler gauge after I figure why his tranny is leaking... I've seen other guys place one on the A pillar in a gauge pod

Pillar gauges are nice. My add on gauges recommend varies based on engine, but don't trust the factory oil pressure and temperature gauges readings are always off. If you tow with it a trans temp is wise investment.

Back