• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Official Stacks thread...Love 'Em, Hate 'Em, Whatever...

From the other side.....

btfarm, thanks for the welcome here.
I'm still learning my way around on this site. Looks like a lot of great stuff here. You're just right up the road from me when I'm back in the states. I'll work on getting the other stuff filled out on here as soon as I can
1SG (ret)
US Army
:patriot:

Stacks are stupid. Just kidding I love them.

Here are a couple different setups ive had over the last several years

STA60010.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

051.jpg

Simpleman, I really like the set up in the last pic. Kinda tough to see with the lighting, but is that a single stack with a straight cut tip? Black powdercoated or just dark because of the shadows? So just how many holes to you have in the nose of the bed with that many different set ups that you have run.

As for liking them or disliking stacks, I am a fan of them. Really like the looks of it on a truck. I think to look the best they need to be at least 5". There are a couple guys around me that have them on a older Ford and older Chevy, but they are only like 3" or 3.5". Those look just kinda odd to me. I would love to run a 7" or 8" black powdercoated stack with a slash miter cut tip.

Not on a truck but check these out.
I like stacks, but this maybe too much. Not mine, I found this one on Tractorhouse.com. For sale in LaGrange KY. Asking $35,000.

Attachments

• 1468 pipes.jpg
    1468 pipes.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 21
Ouch,:eek: that hurts Ilike red
I agree. I really like those 60s and 70s IHs. My all time favorite is a black stripe 966. I almost bought one to replace my 656 once but it was way more than I needed for haying so I passed on it.
The quad stacks look wrong. Great lookin' tractor though. Looks like maybe a 1206 with a V8.
On edit the pic says 1468. That's pretty darn rare.

Back to stacks...

I got a set of twin 4in stacks in my 93 6.5td.....I attched a picture(well it said it did dont know yet if it did)...You can only see the one on the passenger side but their both their!! their on a home built cross tube in their...I took this out of my 94 cc dually chevy cause they looked to small and was turning dads camper black...*imagine that he didnt like the new black racing stripes on his camper.... But anyways You CANT think to well in the cab..and you can use the rear sliding window either as the diesel fumes sneak in....I know they leak a little but not that much..I think their all just to close to the cab openings....But sounds good leaves a nice smoke trail and Yes COVER YOUR STACKS!!!! Ive had black spots all the way up on the front bumper after rain!!!!!!!

Attachments

• red truck.jpg
    red truck.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
I got a set of twin 4in stacks in my 93 6.5td.....I attched a picture(well it said it did dont know yet if it did)...You can only see the one on the passenger side but their both their!! their on a home built cross tube in their...I took this out of my 94 cc dually chevy cause they looked to small and was turning dads camper black...*imagine that he didnt like the new black racing stripes on his camper.... But anyways You CANT think to well in the cab..and you can use the rear sliding window either as the diesel fumes sneak in....I know they leak a little but not that much..I think their all just to close to the cab openings....But sounds good leaves a nice smoke trail and Yes COVER YOUR STACKS!!!! Ive had black spots all the way up on the front bumper after rain!!!!!!!

Yep thats a draw back. My buddy took his out of his white dodge because it had blackheads all the time.

Back home for awhile.......

:eek::D PICTURE!!!

You can upload them into a garage in your profile. Click the User CP link just below your name at the top right of any window, on the left side of the User CP is Your Control Panel, in the second section the last link is Pictures & Albums, in there it is kind of hard to see but at the bottom left of primary gray area is a dark blue link that says Add Album. After you've got an album created and pictures uploaded you can use the My Photos - [Insert] feature found in these "Reply to Thread" windows, it is just below the table of Smilies.

Hey Blacktruck, Welcome!
While you're in your user CP, fill out your sig and details. Good to see another Illinois guy here!:thumbsup:

Finally got back in here. I made it back to the states for awhile again. I did put a picture of my truck in my photo album on here. I get a lot of compliments on the truck but it isn't for everybody to be sure. The stacks are a little louder than the stock pipe and the tires have a little road noise but I still wouldn't go back.
I hope all of you are having a great weekend and enjoying this weather.
Stay safe out there.
Ken

Finally got back in here. I made it back to the states for awhile again. I did put a picture of my truck in my photo album on here. I get a lot of compliments on the truck but it isn't for everybody to be sure. The stacks are a little louder than the stock pipe and the tires have a little road noise but I still wouldn't go back.
I hope all of you are having a great weekend and enjoying this weather.
Stay safe out there.
Ken

Awesome looking truck, thank you for the pictures. The stacks look great.

Thank all.............

Thanks all for the welcome back. I gotta say it's nice to be outta there for awhile. I'll have to go back next month but I'm enjoying the time here. Thanks for the compliments on the truck. I'm happy with the way it's coming along so far. I have a few more changes that I want to make but it's getting closer. Next on the list is a few parts for the engine. Not sure what yet so I'll keep reading. Great to see the responses. Thanks guys.
Stay safe out there.
Ken

Back