• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Official Stacks thread...Love 'Em, Hate 'Em, Whatever...

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:GMC. Now you just need to update your avatar. LOL:coal:

I have gotten many compliments on both the look and the sound:thumbsup:. I thought I would initially get the opposite. I have some better pics coming soon I just wanted to wait. My truck is going under the knife for a 6" lift tomorrow and I will have it back Friday. The tires wont be on yet so it will look a lil funny with 33's till next week. My current "friend" agreed to let me take some pics of her by the truck in her bikini :eek:since there is a big water slide party this weekend, I will see how many others I can get to pose also so stay tuned. I have several calls into local salvage yards looking for the white lower air dam and chrome trim for the grille but I don't think anyone will be looking at the cheap ass factory grille in the pics:D.

Working on puttin them on mine. I got some "brand new" 4" turn outs. They came off a c&c's that were getting dump beds on them. Paintin them black, hopefully next week the'll be done. I got lucky with mine the flat bed left about 5" between the bulkhead and cab so they're going to fill the gap.
Here is where they will go................eventually.

Attachments

• 100_1090.jpg
    100_1090.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1091.jpg
    100_1091.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 19
I have gotten many compliments on both the look and the sound:thumbsup:. I thought I would initially get the opposite. I have some better pics coming soon I just wanted to wait. My truck is going under the knife for a 6" lift tomorrow and I will have it back Friday. The tires wont be on yet so it will look a lil funny with 33's till next week. My current "friend" agreed to let me take some pics of her by the truck in her bikini :eek:since there is a big water slide party this weekend, I will see how many others I can get to pose also so stay tuned. I have several calls into local salvage yards looking for the white lower air dam and chrome trim for the grille but I don't think anyone will be looking at the cheap ass factory grille in the pics:D.

Pics? :toetap05:

Pics? :toetap05:
Sorry, truck was not ready in time and is going back tomorrow. There is a vibration that starts after 70 mph and gets progressively worse. This weekend will be raining, hopefully next weekend. I will only get one chance to do this so I rather wait for nice weather. The stacks, 6" lift, and 35" procomp MT etremes look badazz. I will get a pic of just the truck tomorrow.

IMG00079.jpg
[/IMG]

looks good Vince...that white truck won't look white when you start it after a heavy rain without covers (as someone suggested)

Sorry, truck was not ready in time and is going back tomorrow. There is a vibration that starts after 70 mph and gets progressively worse. This weekend will be raining, hopefully next weekend. I will only get one chance to do this so I rather wait for nice weather. The stacks, 6" lift, and 35" procomp MT etremes look badazz. I will get a pic of just the truck tomorrow.

No prob, just giving you a hard time hope you get things sorted out. Think somethings loose??

Ok so Ive got the stack bug working on me now!! Damn I use to hate that look and now Im thinking some big Dual Black mitre cut bad boys sticking up in the back of a big red crew cab would be sweet!! :thumbsup: Im thinking 6 or 7 inchers!

I reaaaallllllyyyy want stacks on my truck but my list of things leading up to them is huge. I love the look of a flatbed with stacks, so I would need to design & build or buy a flatbed (really hard for me to find a design I like, hence building). I don't want to put stacks on a stock height truck, it would need a leveling kit at least. With the leveling kit would come H2s and something like a LT285/75-R17E (Toyo A/Ts come in that size). Other than appearance things my truck is bone stock, with the stacks I would want to have a BD Manifold, Diamond Eye downpipe, and 409 or 304 SS 4" exhaust to the bed. With opening up the exhaust I would upgrade the intake bits as well, get a set of gauges, EGR blocker, and get EFI Live.

So you see...I am in a bit of a pickle; as a poor college student I must wait until after graduation to even consider all this. Oh btw, the stacks I want are 5" polished stainless with rain caps. Gotta have raincaps, love the old school look.:thumbsup:

I've got a few of questions for all of you.
1)which design are you using, the "T" or a complete dual setup?
2)any problems with flexing between the box/frame/engine?
3)what about the braces under the box?
4) how to decide on the size?

I'm sure there be more.:rolleyes5:

I don't know if I would put them on my daily truck, even though I have been tempted several times, I think if I do them, the will be on a second truck. Something I can romp around on on the weekends, my toy truck.

My daily driver is my toy truck. I was going to leave mufflers on it. thought about the straight pipe but I've heard it with one pipe off and that was more than loud enough.:eek:

any body else? the more opinions the better.:thumbsup:

I like my stacks. :D

attachment.php

4" straightpipe up to 5" y-pipe and stacks. It's loud when you stop on it, but other than that with the windows up it's not so bad. Windows down, forget having a conversation in the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 180
83GMCK2500, hey man I got just what you are talking about on my truck. 5" dual stacks, straight cut polished stainless with rain caps. It does look old school and it sounds great. I put a 4" pipe from the turbo back to the Y and eliminated the muffler. It's only loud when you mash it. :thumbsup: The rain caps rattle a little but that is the way trucks sounded a long time ago. Not obnoxious, just a little rattle when it's idling. I'll try to get a picture posted on here as soon as I figure out how.

83GMCK2500, hey man I got just what you are talking about on my truck. 5" dual stacks, straight cut polished stainless with rain caps. It does look old school and it sounds great. I put a 4" pipe from the turbo back to the Y and eliminated the muffler. It's only loud when you mash it. :thumbsup: The rain caps rattle a little but that is the way trucks sounded a long time ago. Not obnoxious, just a little rattle when it's idling. I'll try to get a picture posted on here as soon as I figure out how.

:eek::D PICTURE!!!

You can upload them into a garage in your profile. Click the User CP link just below your name at the top right of any window, on the left side of the User CP is Your Control Panel, in the second section the last link is Pictures & Albums, in there it is kind of hard to see but at the bottom left of primary gray area is a dark blue link that says Add Album. After you've got an album created and pictures uploaded you can use the My Photos - [Insert] feature found in these "Reply to Thread" windows, it is just below the table of Smilies.

Welcome to The Truck Stop

Hey Blacktruck, Welcome!
While you're in your user CP, fill out your sig and details. Good to see another Illinois guy here!:thumbsup:

Back