• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Official Stacks thread...Love 'Em, Hate 'Em, Whatever...

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
I did a search and only came up with Joe and we talk about him enough already):h. Thanks to our lil discussion, I will be cutting a 6" hole :eek:in my bed tomorrow afternoon. This thread is for input, feedback, installations and pics of stacks setups. As soon as mine are done, I will post pics and feedback. In the mean time, feel free to add likes, dislikes, sound difference between sizes, etc. I like to be different and no one in my area has them yet, and I stress yet, because they copy me since I am cool like that.

:coal:

hahahaha thanks azz. :D

for mine i cut a 5" hole in the bed. i could not find 6" stuff readily available here. also glad because i have it 5" for the plumbing in the bed, and to the tee out of the bed. then it goes 4" which is so much easier to work with.

My brother has Silverline Black Stainless on his 03 Ram 3500 and they are sharp. I think they are too common around here anymore though.

He's Stacksram on here, the only pic is in his avatar though.

i am painting mine black as we speak. i am doing the whole truck. i even got the new 2500hd decals and did them to.

i like the look of stacks. a nice set of 6inchers is sharp. i dont think that i would ever put them on my truck just because of the loss of bed space. i use my truck alot for our rideing trips and my quad fits perfect in the bed now with the tailgate up. also i use it alot for doing landscape work and i dont think that the heat off the exhaust and mulch would mix to well. there are only 1 or 2 people around here that have them. but cant wait to see the pics. what style are you going with? are you building them or buying a kit?

I have been putting this off for a long time. I thought it would look silly at first but I met up with a guy on the interstate and I liked the look but I love the sound. They did not look gawdy, not like some of the ridiculous ones I had seen before. Done right they look good and I like to be different. I don't care how late it takes me, I will be driving to work with them on Thursday and post pics.

I bought a kit, 5" piping to 36" miter cut stacks. I already have a mbrp 4" straight piped system to hook it to.

i used a piece of stainless flex to maneuver around the cross member just before you go up into the bed. alot of people mount everything solid but i was to worried about doing that. no movement means broken stuff imo. especially with the body flex during plowing and what not.

Although not a Duramax, I have a stack and hate it. So loud inside with no muffler/cat, cant hear the CB or radio or anyone talk. Plastic melts to it, when it rains and y=ou start it black carbon covers what ever is in the bed. Can only haul 39 hay bales, not 50 (part of that is the roll bar, the stack gets BARRIED in hay)Worst thing I ever did drunk :D

Working on puttin them on mine. I got some "brand new" 4" turn outs. They came off a c&c's that were getting dump beds on them. Paintin them black, hopefully next week the'll be done. I got lucky with mine the flat bed left about 5" between the bulkhead and cab so they're going to fill the gap.

I'm gunna run stacks on the bko once I repower it. Straight up the side where all the cancer is..

SSPX0008.jpg

I know, it was a beach truck so I guess thats why it rotted like that.. Thats ok cuz like I said, I plan to run stacks up the side so all that gets reworked anyway.

3 1/2 hours, a box of band aids, half a pint of blood, a six pack of coors light, and here ya go! This would be a lot easier with help but I couldn't just sit and stare at the boxes till Saturday. I sat and drank a beer while cleaning my wounds and just listened to it idle:D. The evo closes the vanes at idle so it has that lb7 rumble, I tried it stock but it sounds way better with the programmer. I went from a straight piped 4" to a 5""t" to 6 inch stacks. Thanks Joe for talking me into the 6's, I would have regretted 5's. This is not for the faint of heart, it is loud. With the windows up it is not bad but you definitely know they are there. The radio will cover up the sound with the cruise set at 75 but, if you hit the pedal there is no hiding it. I may look into a bypass valve, using my leftover tail piping to a turndown hidden under the rear for when my parents ride with me to my sis's in Houston. I don't think they would appreciate the sound as much as I do. Does anyone know where to find one off hand? I rode around for 30 minutes last night with the windows down and the radio off. The brackets that mount in the bed are a bitch! The crossmember is completely in the way, it took me 2 tries to get it where I could barely get the nut on and still have the pipes where they need to be so the stacks arent crooked. Needless to say my bed will never fill up with water):h. I still have some tweaking to do to get them perfectly straight but the hard part is over.

IMG00079.jpg
[/IMG]

looks good g. did the mounts for the stacks use the big muffler clamp clamping the pipe to a tang off the mount? i think mbrp uses this as i saw it and made my own version. so easy to hang the pipes this way. the 6" look so much better.

look into some covers though. they will fill up with soot in no time and you thank me when it rains.

Thanks dragogt!

Joe, no they did not. With the saddle and clamp they fall right inside the channel and to just go behind the channel with enough space to get the nut on it puts the pipes too close to the bed and they lean slightly back. I still have some adjusting to do, I did not cut any of the cross piping and everything is too tight. I will pull it off Sat. and re do some things, fab up some better mounting brackets, and prime and re-paint the holes I drilled. It was late and the mosquitoes were draining my blood supply and along with the beer I was wasn't exactly putting things plumb.

Back