• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OBS Banks 6.2L Sidewinder Project

Not trying to sidetrack, but how much coolant do the pickups run? I never paid attention, just pumped from the barrels...

6.5 gallons in Hummers, and once I add my new heater core system I will be up to around 8.

just did block heaters in my dually, wasn't paying real close attention to volumes, seems like it was 4.5 roughly

160107_001.jpg UPDATE: So I didn't get too much done today. I was going to put the battery where the air filter box goes but the towers on top the battery I think would have hit the hood. Even if not, just too close for me. So I made a drop down box for the battery. Used some round stock, a torch, an anvil, and a hammer to make some battery tray braces down both sides. It ain't going anywhere. Is extremely in place. Turbine and downpipe will be wrapped. I got a lot of wrap left from when I did the crossover pipe.

UPDATE: So now pictures on this ones, but did some drastic changes to the system. I did not like the pinched down part of the pipe, or where it joined up on the v-band side of the crossover pipe. So...I noticed the sharp 90* elbow that is formed into the drivers side up-pipe on a centermount system. I liked the tight turn. So I cut the v-band off the manifold and welded the 90* bend from the other up-pipe into it. It looks like it should have been there from the factory. I will get pics up as soon as possible so you can better see what I am talking about. Then I am going to weld in a bellow to the crossover pipe as well. I just could not let it go and be satisfied with it. I have to make it better. I think you guys are REALLY going to love this new design!!!! Will keep updated ASAP

I took some pics but forgot the camera at the shop. Will have to grab it tomorrow (if I remember). But I got the downpipe done today. Full 3 inch from the turbo back. Just got some minor oil drain leaks to finish up and it's done

Actually I went to grab my hat from the truck and found I had put my camera in there at some point. Great success! Pics to follow

Back