• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Other NP246, (2) IFS 9.25" LATE MODEL W/ARB LOCKER & EARLYMODEL

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
1) (one) Nice late model NP246 Autotrac has encoder motor, 3 speed sensors and front driveshaft $650. +S&H,

1) (one) Front 9.25" IFS differential 4.10:1 ratio, (late model) w/additional pinion bearing lube feed & heavy case (more webbing) w/ARB air locker "just redone" w/new air engage hub on carrier and bearings, the ARB carrier works w/any ratio gear set. I'll include two new outer axle seals because they are hard to get (months) w/o manufacture defects "seal canted in bore", GM & everyone else no matter the brand seem to be using the same manufacture so it's a supply wide issue." $1,100. + S&H

1) (one) Front 9.25" differential 4.10:1 ratio, (early model). $350. + S&H

"TRANSMISSION & T-CASE ADAPTER NOT INCLUDED"

KEEP IN MID THESE ITEMS ARE HEAVY & SHIPPING COSTS ARE HIGH

PAYPAL & USPS money orders accepted.DSCI0006.JPG DSCI0003.JPG

What year is the transfer case? 99-02 is the same, 03 up is different. Thanks
I'll check the tag in the AM aside case saver or aluminum case half and spline count between 4l80/4l60 what difference is there?
I'm under the impression they are all the same 99 & up.

What year is the transfer case? 99-02 is the same, 03 up is different. Thanks
The build date is 6-23-00 was put into service "as new not reman" in 2006 for 1999 & up applications.
The only difference aside spline count between 4L60 & 4L80 was later programming to "allow for more slippage" of clutch pack" I'm not sure if they ever included an aluminum half case in production.

DSCI0010.JPG

The difference was the encoder motor. Pretty sure you can swap out the encoder and use it on a 03-07 classic. Starting in 07, NEW PROCESS went under and MAGMA took them over and started producing there own line of cases with aluminum housings instead of magnesium.

The difference was the encoder motor. Pretty sure you can swap out the encoder and use it on a 03-07 classic. Starting in 07, NEW PROCESS went under and MAGMA took them over and started producing there own line of cases with aluminum housings instead of magnesium.
Like always Ferm "thanks for the heads up."
So the one I have is the early unit, no updated encoder motor.

It's not an updated encoder, just a different style. GM changed data coms in 03 which meant they changed controllers, and they also changed the actuators to go with the new controller. It was just a generational change, same thing happened with the 261/263 cases.

It's not an updated encoder, just a different style. GM changed data coms in 03 which meant they changed controllers, and they also changed the actuators to go with the new controller. It was just a generational change, same thing happened with the 261/263 cases.
Good to know, thanks....

1) (one) Nice late model NP246 Autotrac has encoder motor, 3 speed sensors and front driveshaft $650. +S&H,

1) (one) Front 9.25" IFS differential 4.10:1 ratio, (late model) w/additional pinion bearing lube feed & heavy case (more webbing) w/ARB air locker "just redone" w/new air engage hub on carrier and bearings, the ARB carrier works w/any ratio gear set. I'll include two new outer axle seals because they are hard to get (months) w/o manufacture defects "seal canted in bore", GM & everyone else no matter the brand seem to be using the same manufacture so it's a supply wide issue." $1,100. + S&H

1) (one) Front 9.25" differential 4.10:1 ratio, (early model). $350. + S&H

"TRANSMISSION & T-CASE ADAPTER NOT INCLUDED"

KEEP IN MID THESE ITEMS ARE HEAVY & SHIPPING COSTS ARE HIGH

PAYPAL & USPS money orders accepted.View attachment 48883 View attachment 48884
AutoTrac SOLD

Bump, I had forgotten the sale of the 1999 9.25 IFS w/ARB locker w/4.10 ratio fell through so its still for sale, it comes with complete manual, parts list, harness that has provision for controlling a rear ARB locker too, switches, and compressor however compressor needs seals and new exterior air lines.

NOTE: The axle seal issue was resolved and selling unit w/new extra seals included.
Asking $1k USD/FRN
I can't ship so it's pickup only in zip 34429

Open to offers on the 99 IFS 9.25" DIFF w/4.10 ratio & ARB AIR LOCKER however; because I have medical issues I can only perhaps do a small pallet w/straps so it an be shipped and have no shipping options available so if any of you decide you want it then you need to arrange for freight pickup at my AO.

Bump, looking to get $750. for this 99 IFS 9.25" differential w/ARB locker, harness, purge valve and compressor plus S&H.

Attachments

• DSCI0014.JPG
    DSCI0014.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCI0002 (1).JPG
    DSCI0002 (1).JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCI0003 (1).JPG
    DSCI0003 (1).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCI0003.JPG
    DSCI0003.JPG