• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Not so positive treadwright review....

Thanks for the help. 235/85 is the same height, but I don't want to be mixing tire widths. I don't use the truck much and unfortunately getting the tires fixed are not top priority right now.

1. clutch on my Saturn, I can barely maintain speed in 5th gear if there is any hill whatsoever.
2. tranny flush on the truck, it's overdue and I certainly don't need to ruin it
3. tires on the truck.

I'm still holding out that treadwright will do something for me.

Well, here it is. 2 weeks later and I STILL have not gotten a response from Treadwright. They are now on my shit list. I called and left yet another message today, this is myu 4th call total to them. I had no missed calls of any kind this entire week I was working and no email either. What the hell ever happened to customer service.

I drain and change the filter every 10K since my tranny started slipping. I would say a drain and filter change every 25K would be good.

Imagine that. I leave a fairly unpleasant message this time and low and behold I finally got an email response. No apology for not responding, but they said they will prorate the tire. I sent them the pic they want and just waiting for a response now.

As for the tranny. I have the earlier version allison which has a seal that isn't compatible with anything except Dex III type H or Transynd or anything rated equal to Transynd. Can't get Dex III type H anymore. My last fluid flush I did 25k miles ago I learned was with the wrong stuff. While it's not going to self destruct because of it, the seal is slowly being dried out/eaten up. According to one of the engineers who designed the fluid for Allison, a double flush with transynd to get rid of the old crap and I will never have to replace the fluid again. Transynd doesn't break down due to age and I don't put that many miles on it to warrant a change because of high mileage.

Truck has 78,000 miles on it. I did the last flush at 50,000.

Imagine that. I leave a fairly unpleasant message this time and low and behold I finally got an email response. No apology for not responding, but they said they will prorate the tire. I sent them the pic they want and just waiting for a response now.

As for the tranny. I have the earlier version allison which has a seal that isn't compatible with anything except Dex III type H or Transynd or anything rated equal to Transynd. Can't get Dex III type H anymore. My last fluid flush I did 25k miles ago I learned was with the wrong stuff. While it's not going to self destruct because of it, the seal is slowly being dried out/eaten up. According to one of the engineers who designed the fluid for Allison, a double flush with transynd to get rid of the old crap and I will never have to replace the fluid again. Transynd doesn't break down due to age and I don't put that many miles on it to warrant a change because of high mileage.

Truck has 78,000 miles on it. I did the last flush at 50,000.

Transynd is good stuff. I would do the flush like you are saying and IF your fluid is staying red then its probably ok. I tow heavy enough while the tranny reads over 250* that draining more frequent makes sense.

I'd still do a tranny double drain after ~100K just incase.

Glad to hear they are pro-rating the tire, sucks you had to get unpleasant with them about it.

Seems like more and more that is the case these days.

Transynd is good stuff. I would do the flush like you are saying and IF your fluid is staying red then its probably ok. I tow heavy enough while the tranny reads over 250* that draining more frequent makes sense.

I'd still do a tranny double drain after ~100K just incase.

The die in that fluid that makes it red will "fade" if you overheat the fluid but if that fluid picks up enough material from the clutch packs, Or silicone from dust or dirt and loses it's lubricity, will still keep it fairly red. The tranny that has more clutch packs will fade out the red sooner than one with fewer, even though the fluid is still just as good. Imo, the best answer is really just to do a little oil sample. Fairly cheap and you know for sure if you need to change it.

Truck is lucky to see 7,000 miles a year. 100K/7k = 14.3 years.....Truck will be 24 years old. By then kids will be out of the house and I kinda doubt I'll be needing a 3500 crew cab long bed pickup. :D

That and the beast has been leading a soft life lately. No more horse trailer, no more horses, no more wood burning stove, trying to sell the camper. Lately it's just been going to the gas station to get lawnmower gas or pick up my cars when they break down :(

So here's the update. They offered to sell me a replacement tire for $81.02, includes shipping. I replied that I would be interested in buying 2 tires to keep matching tread and asked if they could do any deal for 2 tires. They said they will sell me 2 tires for $162.04, includes shipping. So it took awhile to get the initial response going, but I think they did a fair thing to sell me 2 tires at that price.

Is it time to change the title? :hello:

Don't know how :eek: You're more than welcome to if that's an admin thing.

Not flush with money, but I can handle this.

Finally got the clutch for my Saturn. Replaced it along with some very worn out TRE and Lower control arms. Oh ya, and two broken motor mounts.... :eek: Didn't reinstall the slave cylinder correct so managed to blow the push rod right out when I tried pushing the clutch pedal. Of course I didn't verify it working before I put EVERYTHING back together. Soooooo, unbolt the tranny again . Broken rod fell out right away so I only had to separate it an inch. Just got back from the junkyard with a "new" master/slave setup. Install that later today and hopefully the Saturn will be up and running again. New valve cover too, hoping this prevents any future oil contamination on the clutch, rear main seal still looked good. Between worn out and oil covered it's no wonder I had a hard time maintaining highway speeds.

Glad they got it to a decent deal, but if that were your only rig and had to wait a month for them to sell you new tires to replace defective tires... I still couldn't call it a positive review. Wait a month and get two at no charge I'd say. A good review. Or at least not drag out a month to make a fair decision.

Don't want to sound all negative like, I am glad to hear your squared away.

Back