• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Not so positive treadwright review....

trouttrooper

Big Blocks ROCK!!!
Reaction score
I'll save you guys the saga of the last 10 months of bad luck. Suffice to say today just added to the pot. Was bleeding the brakes and saw this. I guess thankfully I saw it before my wife took the truck on a 600 mile round trip next week and have a front tire blow going down the interstate. Tires are 2 years and 5 months old and 17,500 miles. Sent in claim to treadwright tonight, but if I read the warranty info correct I'm past the warranty time frame by 5 months.

tire 1.jpg

tire 2.jpg

Good catch, I had a Michelin separate like that. They were worse before I saw it.

You have had quite the streak of bad luck Mike.

Glad you caught it. What are you going to replace them with?

Good catch Mike. Was wondering the other day how you were doing. Guess I shouldn't ask...

Maybe treadwright can get you a prorated deal based on remaining tread life?

My front tires on my 95 have random completely smooth spots on them and sound like dozer tracks turning while rolling down the road. Went and priced some hankook mt's @ bout 250 and the at's at 200ish. Might go see what cooper has then I'll think of treadwright.

What carcass was that? I've had Firestones do that alot lately.

Source Unknown

Sorry to hear about the lost money in the tire not getting full use, It would've been a lot more expensive if you hadn't been paying attention and missed it -not to mention possibly dangerous. I would call that more good luck than bad luck for that one.

Tanner that usually is a sign of the tire being slightly out of balance and having bad shocks -the tire will skip along slightly going down the freeway, after a small bump.

They were on Toyo AT carcasses. I don't know at this point what I'm going to do. I have no money to be buying tires. Just got done sinking money in my wifes car replacing the fuel pump, alternator bracket, and AC compressor. Never thought I'd be putting in a fuel pump and AC compressor that I bought at a junkyard, but that's what the pocketbook allowed. Looked around junkyards this morning, but the only 265/75 16E I can find are bald. Can't find just one anywhere that is close to the tread depth of my other front tire. Craigslist doesn't have any worth getting either. A guy at one of the tire stores is willing to sell me 2 of his personal Michelin LTX highway tread with 7/32 tread left for $100 mounted and balanced. I may go that route. I also notice that the boots on my upper ball joints have torn off. Not sure how that happened, but I'll have to replace those soon. Hopefully they aren't too frozen in place.

My new job is going great, but we accumulated so much "stupid" debt the past 6 years where we use to live that it's eating a huge chunk of our income now. I take full responsibility for allowing it to happen, but holy shit I can't make any headway when I keep getting unexpected expenses like this popping up. Unemployed for 10 months certainly didn't help.

And yes, I'm trying to focus on this being a positive thing that I caught it now. I shudder to think what could and would have happened to the truck or passengers had it blown going down the highway.

I'd be inclined to do that $100 offer too. Hang in there. .. we're still pulling for you! :thumbsup:

Sent from my SCH-I535

Tanner that usually is a sign of the tire being slightly out of balance and having bad shocks -the tire will skip along slightly going down the freeway, after a small bump.

Tires have been balanced 3 times since put on and it has new/used shock that felt ok. The tie rods, idler and pitman went out in that time and the upper ball joints went twice.

Source Unknown

damn the luck!

I was in Idaho this summer and saw on the Boise CL some GMT 900 17 inch alloys with 75 percent tread remaining for 400 bucks, wheels looked like new too.

the michelins sound like a good deal, and your best option. hang in there!

When I have a nice easy day I know God loves me.

When I have a messed up day I know God has a sense of humor.

Hang in there.

When I have a nice easy day I know God loves me.

When I have a messed up day I know God has a sense of humor.

Hang in there.

trouttrooper--Life can be rough at times, hang in there. This thread just proves that your attention to detail is a big plus for safety.

Will L--I've never heard that saying before. I love it!!

Don

Good catch. Theres a case where the manufacturer should suck it up and replace or pro rate. I had a 50th anniversery F150 that kept doing that. It ate ball joints and skipped like described above. Last new Ford or new vehicle ever for me. Glad everybody is safe.

Thanks. I've seen those, but as bald as they are I'm not going to pay that much. Right now I'm running the spare and using the defective tire as the spare. It's on the front end so diameter difference between the front tires isn't an issue in 2wd. Wife has the truck and is gone for the week.

As with treadwright. I'm beginning to get a little pissed off. I sent my email warranty claim August 29. According to them I should get a response in 2 business days. I wait 7 days total with no reply other than, a few seconds after I sent mine, the auto generated one that they received my email. I call on day 7, yesterday, and talk to some gal who told me the person dealing with my claim is at lunch and will be back in 30 minutes. She told me either she or the other guy will call me in about 30 minutes. I wait 2 hours and no call. I call again and get voicemail. The greeting says leave phone number and they will call back within 24 hours. 24 hours later (this afternoon) still no call from them. I call again and again get voicemail. I left another message to please call me. Knowing it's friday the earliest call back is going to be monday. Of course I work Sun to Wed this week 6-6. Can't have my phone with me so if they do happen to call I'll miss it.

if the Nittos were cheaper, I would run them if they had a good carcass. I would definitely pick a few year old carcass with good soft crack free rubber and low tread versus an old carcass with deep tread with plenty of weather checking.

I think 235/85R16 is about the same height, maybe you can snag a pair of them?

good luck, hope things come together.

Back