• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No boost

Landon730

Reaction score
Just bought my first duramax and I couldn't be more excited. Its having turbo issues though. It won't go past 2k rpms. It doesn't sound right cause its not making any boost obviously but you can't hear any whistle and I'm not sure whats wrong. Whats some possibilities that are wrong with the turbo? Its not blown apart I'll tell yall that

The most common problem is the power steering line rubs through the intercooler tube by the pump. If it's a northern truck the actual wastegate shaft can get seized into the housing.
Wastegate feels like nothing’s even hooked to it cause it turns so easy. And it’s lived in Arkansas where there’s no salt it has not even a speck of rust. I can’t even hear a turbo whistle though so I don’t really think it’s a leak. I could be wrong but I’ll look

Just got back from out of state and been working on it. Turbo is perfectly fine. It won't rev above 2000 rpm. And it doesnt sound right. Check engine light is on. Hooked my tuner up and theres tooooooons of codes. I have 4 codes that are "Injector circuit malfunction". Truck had 6 new injectors last year according to the PO. I changed the fuel filter and have cleared codes. I don't know what else to look for.

List of the codes?
P.O. may have put crap injectors in or the best thing ever. But start with any known issue first, and

That turbo sounds highly suspect- moving so free it doesn’t feel like anything is hooked up is a clue I would start ripping in to.

List of the codes?
P.O. may have put crap injectors in or the best thing ever. But start with any known issue first, and

That turbo sounds highly suspect- moving so free it doesn’t feel like anything is hooked up is a clue I would start ripping in to.
List of the codes?

I don't have all the codes because the list was so long but some of them - p0201, p0203, p204, 0A10, 161C, 2228, 3A40, 464C, 5258, 5E64, 6A70, 767C, 8288, 8E94, 9AA0, A6AC, B2B8, BEC4, CAD0, D6DC, E2E8, EEF4, FA00, 060C, 1218, 1E24, 2A30, 363C, 4248, 4E54
Also I was meaning the waste gate door on the turbo that was super easy to move. This is my first Duramax

Yep! That's gonna take more time following circuits than its worth. Clear and retry. I would still investigate that turbo...

Yep! That's gonna take more time following circuits than its worth. Clear and retry. I would still investigate that turbo...
I have cleared them multiple times, every time I do the SEL won't go off, start the truck and the endless list of codes is back. I'll take the intake elbow off and see how the shaft feels. I just don't understand the turbo setting off this many codes?

List of the codes?

Took the intake elbow off and the shaft has 0 play in it. Should I start pulling valve covers? I have a video of how its running if that would help

Shaft of turbo isn’t the issue. Its the wastegate or its control system. It should be rock solid when running and you said you can move it. That means the turbo is just going no boost to max boost to wherever it wants whenever it wants. That will make it run goofy and confuse the heck out of the computer.

Shaft of turbo isn’t the issue. Its the wastegate or its control system. It should be rock solid when running and you said you can move it. That means the turbo is just going no boost to max boost to wherever it wants whenever it wants. That will make it run goofy and confuse the heck out of the computer.
I haven't tried the waste gate with it running yet. I'll try it tomorrow when I get it back together. I had the idea that the guy who did the injectors didn't put the wires on them... I just wasted 2 hours lol. When I get it back together I'll see what the waste gate does. I just don't get how I get the same "Injector circuit open" without starting the truck when they are connected. Im stumped. Ill see how the waste gate feels and let you know.

Back