• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Nozzle question

Paveltolz

Доверяй, но проверяй
Reaction score
It's been a while since we've run down this rabbit hole. I have a set of bosch injectors, rebuilt locally that upon testing are pissing at dribbling at 1800, peeing at 1850 and then spraying 'not terrible' when forced to pop.
Thinking of new nozzles but, of course, nobody has Bosch, India or otherwise, that can prove they're genuine (one ebay source - staff edit - Link deleted at poster request)
Pensacola Diesel is a non-starter ($60 per set) and a Memphis TN source for $89 looks a lot like Pensacola made by DCPINC (Diesel Chinese Parts INC?) and then there is a 'Texas Parts' seller from North Richland Hills (NE Ft. Worth) selling USA Made (USD) for $124 for a set of 'normal' units and only $74 for the Marine units.
Last threads on Nozzles here show Will over scored on Ebay and sold off the extra Bosch sets. Leroy's Italian Nozzle find seemed to die off. Not sure if they went into his 506 build and, if so, what the results were.
New Bosch (country unknown) Injectors through Badger are $324 w/o line kits.
So, dear readers, shall we banter this one about?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Burning oil last I understood, Leroy’s Bosch are from India.
I haven’t heard anything bad per se’ -they hit the 100,000 mile mark fine. It’s just the Germans go beyond that.

I installed remanned Bosch injectors in my 2000, I did not have the means to test them before installing them.
Before the next set of injectors is installed, I will have an injector tester and make sure that they are all very close.
The truck idles real smooth and seems to run just fine though.

I installed remanned Bosch injectors in my 2000, I did not have the means to test them before installing them.
Before the next set of injectors is installed, I will have an injector tester and make sure that they are all very close.
The truck idles real smooth and seems to run just fine though.

Having the injectors balanced vs not isn’t something that you can get in a truck for a test drive and go “Oh, this has balanced injectors.” But if you are driving the truck for just a couple days to get used to it, then remove and balance your injectors that are still new- you will notice the smoother idle and a slightly ‘easier’ acceleration.

Just bought a set of injectors from Leroy. Primarily because I needed them (from loss of confidence in my fuel system) and secondarily because Leroy backs what he sells. Local injection shop will adjust the pop-off as that is something Leroy did not offer.

I thought about a set of the high output's from Heath, but without Bill sharing details about what makes them HO versus OE along what looks like there are other things that have to go into the motor to maximize their potential, it left me at a decision of buying on blind-faith and simply could not justify the extra cost. And am not bashing, just say-ing as I do still buy from Bill and even had a recent warranty fix from him.

Toward the Marine vs OE discussion . . . I had marines and the new ones I am getting are OE. IIRC, the marines are best within a tight RPM range but that is not how we drive our trucks where the OE's have the advantage when looking at the broader RPM range. In my last conversation with Heath (a couple months ago) he outright down-played the marine style. Also, both my local repair and injection shops do not like them either. So, am going to go with the better experts' advice and switch back to OE.

Only place I am going to break a bit from the better experts advice is to go with a pop that works with the ATT.

How many miles did these have on them Paul?
Less than 10,000 (10K). I don't know what the actual POP pressure was. These were going to go into the Burb to replace the ones in there. Those units, like the Glowplugs I mentioned in the "What did you do" thread, don't look like they've been in the motor that long. The plan was to put in these "[thought] good" injectors and have the old ones checked/rebuilt.

Last edited:
@Paveltolz Lets get one thing out of the way in this thread and that be Pensacola Diesel sucks and the ONLY time they don't: they are selling a vacuum pump. Google the bold term and note the suffering of others with endless horror stories.

Communist China nozzles simply don't last. I have an infamous video of the hit, miss ,miss, hit starting of Patch when the 30K mile or less Commie injector nozzles were all sticking open allowing compression air back into the injector line. It ruined the over run clutch on a starter before I tracked it down. The collateral damage was assuming the IP was the problem, a FOD worm clamp in the intake from IP swap, and complete engine overhaul with different heads and slugs. :rage: Did I mention you should avoid the Commie Krap at all costs?

Leroy I know they are made in India ones because after I checked it I pulled it apart. Brad I know what you mean about the pump not slowly giving it fuel but I did tell him it seemed to spray ok when I forced it to pop. After having been thru a couple of set's now I know the new made in Germany ones, at least when brand new, didn't dribble or pee before they popped. I wouldn't think less than 10k would affect it much. I dunno maybe I'm off in left field.
Maybe the India ones are the best available right now but it sure would be nice to find better ones like maybe from monark, who I don't think currently make any for ours.

Im still lost, did you buy some used ones from Paul?

Monarch was not interested in making them either when I checked.

Paul gave me his to reset the pop pressure on. I'll mail them back to him when they're done. I picked them up from him while on my road trip. You need to spend more time online. :) Where's that pokey emoji Simon used to use LOL

Sorry, I failed to mention that AK was doing the test Pops for me.
Ignorance Confession. It could be these India Nozzled injectors are OK, I don't have the expertise to know and I've never performed a pop test so I didn't know about the weeping and pants peeing under moderate pressures.

War Wagon, thanks for the input for the group. Pen-Suck-ola's non-quality ranks right along side of SSD and DD.

If I can find the time maybe I'll pull an injector on my truck which probably has around 20k on it and pop it for comparison.​

That would be nice, nicer yet if you could video so people get a good understanding of what is happening. Popping injectors is like using a feeler gauge- there is a bit of "learned touch" involved.

Back