• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New here.

That's a big Truck if you can fit that backhoe in the box to carry like a spare...
I’ve hauled a small Cat excavator on a heavy trailer about 40 miles no problem. Put 3 1/2 yards of wet 2 1/2 inch crushed rock, no problem. So far I’m impressed. It’s done everything I’ve asked so dar. Had DEF, glow plug, and TCM issued but nothing really big. I’ve been using HotShotSecret diesel additive. Hopefully my CP4 fuel pump doesn’t grenade before I can change it.

Do you have a good lift pump/ filter/ water separator system on there? If not I would jukp on that. One bad fill up is all it takes.
Totally stock. Except I go a little overboard with servicing. Oil change every 5,000 miles, Rotella T-6, Mobile 1 filter, wix fuel filter with water drain changed every oil change. Also will not run bio crap. Kinda picky. No Flin J, Pilot, Walmart, Kroger, Race Track, etc.. going to do the cp3 but don’t want to go egr/def delete.

The stock filter’s ability to separate water is total garbage. The cp pumps burn out trying to suck fuel. Fuel pumps pump, they don’t suck is easy way to think of it. Yes I am aware of positive displacement pumps, but look up any positive displacement pump that has positive incoming pressure and you will see longer life every time.
I appreciate a stock rig- hut when there is design flaw or penny pinching that occurred for profit margin- it is a mistake to not correct a well known problem.

Get on that system asap. That is the one expensive weak link in that whole truck.

Back