• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New here.

Czekus21

Reaction score
Hello all I thought being as I just registered here I should introduce myself. I go by “Sarge” at work. I am the mechanic at the Dallas, Texas VA hospital. Prior military and still in that frame of mind. My trucks are a 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500hd, single rear wheel. I’ve been told that it’s a rear bird as it’s the crew dab, long bed, z71 off road, Duramax/Allison. 131600 miles. Named Moby Dick. The big white whale. Truck 2 is my grandfathers 1969 Ford F250 Camper special he bought new. 360/C6 2wd, 70620 original miles. Hasn’t been molested and won’t be as long as I own it. Named, Grandpas truck. I believe in hard work, well built firearms, good sounding guitars to play, did I say hard work? Home cooked food and taking care of what you own. Stuff cost money. Don’t waste it. Also good old fashioned hard work. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge within this site.

Below the post box, there is a rectangle that says attach files, tap or click on that. Then there will be a menu, from photo library, take pic, or, browse. If from a computer ise either the photo library, or, if You have pics on the desk top, click the browse then desktop.
I always post from My phoney, so then it is library.
A lot of times the pic will not seem to load, click cancel then back to attach files, library then tap that pic again. Only a couple of times have I had to retry three times. Quite a phew times I’ve hadda reload twice.
Always choose full image then tap the post button.

That building’s been unused for years. Full of asbestos. It’s the old boiler plant at the Dallas VA. My shop is across the driveway.
**Thanks for straightening out the pic. It took me about a half dozen attempts to get it posted.
I have an Iphone. If a pic comes out like that, tap the edit, then bottom of the screen is a little box with like some circular arrows, tap that, then next screen at the top is a little screen looking thing with a cc curved arrow, tap that, it turns the pic 1/4 tuen atta time. Then tap done.

I suppose the old brick boiler building could be had. Just be a problem of disposing of all that bestases. A five gallon pail a month to the land fill ? 🤷‍♂️ 😹😹😹

There is an abandoned VA hospital over here. The feds wanted the city or county to take it. City could not afford it and county commissioners said HEdouble hockey sticks NO.
So now it sets. Used as a nursing home for vets. It will be shut down in a year or so. It is a huge complex too.

Back