• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New air compressor.

your kinda power shy. Personally I wouldn't put more than a 60 amp panel in the garage off your 100 amp home panel. Most larger 220v welders use a 50 amp circut. If you do get a bigger compressor you could max out your 60 amp panel if your welding and the compressor kicks on. I have a 200 amp service and my wife can tell when my compressor kicks on

your kinda power shy. Personally I wouldn't put more than a 60 amp panel in the garage off your 100 amp home panel. Most larger 220v welders use a 50 amp circut. If you do get a bigger compressor you could max out your 60 amp panel if your welding and the compressor kicks on. I have a 200 amp service and my wife can tell when my compressor kicks on
I might just have one plug for welder and compressor so I have to switch then. That way I know I won't have issues.

That is what I am doing. It is a pain to unplug and replug, so I am putting in an switching disconnect that will only send power to 1 at a time for now. Same boat, tiny main panel and until the meter/main combo is upgraded, I cant feed my shop correctly.

AK hit it just like I would have said. Start with the mains...

Knob and tube, btw not two. As in wire runs around the knobs and through the tubes. I have renovated a few homes from that.

That is what I am doing. It is a pain to unplug and replug, so I am putting in an switching disconnect that will only send power to 1 at a time for now. Same boat, tiny main panel and until the meter/main combo is upgraded, I cant feed my shop correctly.

AK hit it just like I would have said. Start with the mains...

Knob and tube, btw not two. As in wire runs around the knobs and through the tubes. I have renovated a few homes from that.
Gotcha. Its such nasty wire with the cloth coating. I like the switch disconnect idea.

Back