• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New air compressor.

Nosferatu49534

Reaction score
Ive finally got my "new" air tank for my air compressor. Now to tack the bracket to the tank and replumb everything.
306f8b346be58ce83691d7ce9c306bb4.jpg
f7eecb6ddd1afb5c119c10bf241b7fc9.jpg

Hey! That's where my Fat Max tape measure went!

Amazing how few people now will rebuild or repair an air compressor. They go without one till they can put a new one on a credit card and scrap an old one that just needs a tank or regulator/ contactor.

Hey! That's where my Fat Max tape measure went!

Amazing how few people now will rebuild or repair an air compressor. They go without one till they can put a new one on a credit card and scrap an old one that just needs a tank or regulator/ contactor.
Some things I'm totally cool with just buying a new one. But I figure I got the tank for free and the compressor parts are from my dads old compressor I got after he passed. Plus it gives me an excuse to build shit. [emoji41] [emoji2]

Looking at Some pumps that say they are 5 and 3 hp. It says they require a 5 and 3 hp motor. What would be the bad on not having that and sticking with my 1.5hp? In assuming the motor will need to work harder correct?

Yeah, if the compressor is not high enough volume for the usage, it will burn up regardless of tank size.

The motor needs to be sized to the compressor or it will work too hard and burn up the motor. Even if it doesn't burn up, it will pull massive power trying to.

I have learned 2 compressors are the way to go. I only run the 240v one on big jobs, simple ones I use the little 120v.

Yeah, if the compressor is not high enough volume for the usage, it will burn up regardless of tank size.

The motor needs to be sized to the compressor or it will work too hard and burn up the motor. Even if it doesn't burn up, it will pull massive power trying to.

I have learned 2 compressors are the way to go. I only run the 240v one on big jobs, simple ones I use the little 120v.
Yup the air outlet gets super hot. Ill have to baby it for now till I can get new motor and pump. Ill still use my small one the most. But at least I have the big tank plumbed so ill have a ton of air space. :)

Seems at this point my hardest problem is actually finding and electrician that will come out when he says.... Had a guy come check out some other issues and say he would put me on his schedule. Still waiting...

Post up what your trying to do. Since I dont spin wrenches, I went back to being a sparky. Got my journeymans back in the 90's. Might be something I can walk you through.

Post up what your trying to do. Since I dont spin wrenches, I went back to being a sparky. Got my journeymans back in the 90's. Might be something I can walk you through.
At this point I need to run 2 220v lines to the garage. One for compressor and future welder. Also trying to find a short some where in the bedroom we are remodeling. I'm sure it's something simple I messed up when running the new wire before drywall. But its been so long since I did it can't remember what went where. (4yrs or so....) I'm just not a big fan of anything electrical. [emoji15] But any help would be appreciated.

Right now just 120v. Putting a sub panel in was parts of what he was gonna be doing.
5ac09b6060f2b2d8e811086dc81873a9.jpg

I would like to have the garage on its own.

A few yrs ago we had a 100 amp panel put in the basement. The house wiring is a mess. But better now with new panel. There's enough room in the panel I want to slowly redo everything with fresh breakers and wiring. Lots of nob and 2 left. :(

Back