• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2.8L Colorado Duramax

I've hit my best of 29MPG driving down to Florida, all interstate!

Going down to the Heart of Dixie soon, never been that far south with my 2500HD. I know its rolling hills to flat land, I will see how it does, if I can just resist the urge to open it up on some of those long stretch's of highway...... :smuggrin:

Probably would be amazing what kind of fuel mileage one would get running about 55 MPH, but of course you don't see 55 MPH much on the interstates, maybe the back roads. Running 55 MPH on a 65 MPH to 70 MPH interstate will about get you run over..... 😬

Remember that song I cant drive 55...…...:smuggrin:

I’m a 5 under kinda guy. Pedal to the floor, max speed, then back down 5 under max. Haha

Then recently at 10-15 mph I totaled my wife escalade.
Now insurance concerns has me doing what the signs say about 95% of the time.

My hummer, top speed didn’t seem to affect mpg. Just how fast I accelerate. Even adding my turbo- accelerator to the floor until cruising speed my mpg stayed the same. Then I tried accelerating at the same 0-60 time as before turbo and gained 1-1.5 mpg.

BUMP.
I just recently rented a 2020 gas Colorado. Truck drove well. Easy to manuever. I wasn't really impressed with the gas V6. But plenty of room under hood. Maintenance looked fairly easy. Nothing crammed in anywhere...
Just curious on another long term update on these 4 cyl. Diesel engines.

Update. I pulled about 3500 pounds today with this thing (my largest yet) and I will say, it's just not a towing machine. It held it's own and kept speed (for the most part up hills) but I need a bigger truck. I've outgrown it and getting frustrated with it each time now that I own 6 acres and having to actually USE the truck now.

If you looking for a nice comfy ride to haul ATV's, lawnmowers, etc.. you can't beat it. I'm just out of room in the cab and find myself needing to make room all the time now.

Why do you think there is a used car dealer on every corner? That is a lot of cash to avoid dealing with the public yourself. Add taxes as private sales here don't have tax, doc fees, warranty, pain t protection...

Value of used pickups are insane at the moment or is it the value of money has fallen? So the price difference amount may be a little higher than normal now.

Back