• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need some advice

Jdbdiesel

Reaction score
I found a truck sitting in the bushes, its a 94 k 1500. Its a nice looking truck, needs a bed from sitting. But otherwise its clean, the od is reading 98255 miles on the motor, It fired up but didnt have any throttle so i posted in the other section about that,

But heres my fun part, I got approved for a 5500 personal loan,

the truck is costing me 500,

that leaves me 5 grand to play with. its all going into the truck, Im tired of driving ugly beaters, I want a nice looking and running pick up,

So i think im putting about 3500 aside for perfomance and the other will be for a new bed, a lift and some wheels and tires,

Whats the best bang for the back? I heard all about heath, I like his stuff, Just seems a bit pricey, I found a guy who found a way to make a 6 pos chip for the 6.5, and it actually works, ive talked to a couple of his customers for references,

any other info would be great. Im not looking for something thats gonna eat cars, i just wanna have some power and good economy

HELP!

thanks,

Jeremey

Before recommending a setup hang on to that $3500 and let's make sure it is healthy enough to accept performance mods, then after that you need to decide on the goal of your build, mild or wild wilder you go more it will cost, this going to be a daily driver or a tow vehicle, a number of "bolt on" items to get better than stock performance to be had. You might want to spend some time in the technical reference library reading up on the unique features & issues with the 6.5

i have been all through those. I checked for blow by and smoke, Nothing, it sounded healthy, no lower engine noise. and im looking for a middle ground between wild and mild, its gonna be a dd. Wont be towing anything unless its for someone, I have a truck cause of how versitile they are.. How can i tell for sure if the engine is healthy

Get it goign and driving first. Chnaces are if it's sat for very long it will need quite a few repairs to get it back reliable. Also plan on doing some maintence as it is probably due for injectors and a timing chain at 100K.

If it has sat for very long the brakes could be compromised. Check them out very carefully.

Don

I agree with this 100%. I brought home a 99 Kawasaki Touring bike last weekend and the front brake felt like it was applied and the bike wouldn't move. I cracked the brake bleeders and it rolled! Fast forward to last night and the front is locked up again and the brake feels like it is applied... Low miles (less than 5K per year) or sitting (more than 6 months) scares my wallet much more than use and abuse.

Back