• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need Help with cummins repower

Would it be cheaper to just buy a bare 6bt engine block and build it from the ground up

You would still need all the brackets for the accessories that hang all over the front of the engine.

Purchasing all of those individually would nickle and dime you too death.

The best way to get a motor is too find a wrecked truck with all motor and trans you want still in the truck.

But, that is just the way I see it. :thumbsup:

The only good part I would see about buying a irrigation pump motor, or one out of a piece of farm or construction equipment is that non automotive applications almost always came with the water to air intercooler. (if ordered with it/equipped with it at that power level) as long as it isnt too tall, that would eliminate the issue of locating an Air-to-air intercooler in the cooling stack.

dieselcash is definitely correct, you would still need all the automotive accessory brackets.

The non highway engines usually wont have the correct IP. I would hold out for a Dodge truck donor. I installed a water to air IC in my Suburban. It takes up less space. Actualy it might be close to the same size, but its in two componients so fits better without alot of mods.

thanks leroy for reminding me of that. I forgot about that when I was going through my dream cummins pile in my head. A bread truck here, the bread truck plate from ebay there, a dodge cummins over here...end up with a 6 cyl. tow rig and a 4 cyl half ton economy rig. :)

also, if you wouldnt mind popping over to my thread: http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?33857-Casting-Date and answering a few questions. I got a paycheck to burn, and a truck to get out of old mans shop! :)

thanks!

Back