• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need a little help with injectors

OK ran some FPPF and Stanadyne in the tank cleaned the injector and no more injector knock! Keeping fingers crossed I must have gotten some debris in the injector when installing it? Thanks for all the input and help! I took a video of the injector knock for others looking to see what it sounds like...... now if I can figure out how to put it one here?

Oh and by the way a 30mm axle nut socket for a front wheel drive is perfect for removing injectors. I found alot of people asking what socket to get when I was searching injectors. Just thought I would add that. If not its GM specialty tool J-29873. Trust me the axle socket is much cheaper.

The knock is probably just air trapped, it should run out (probably gone now).

The axle socket is nice, buit 1/2 drive, and no wrench accomodations.

The speciliazed socket is worth its price as it takes a 3/8 drive, meaning less room to use, and has wrench accomodations meaning it will work in even tighter spaces.

Glad your issue is resolved.

Either that or your local rebuild shop for the nozzles.

Hmm is Kenny gonna buy a tester? :D

Cheers
Nobby

Thinkin about it. Saw some made in india ones for 149$ on ebay. Why not, they make the nozzles....As far as Badger Diesel goes...They did the IP on my Dually and I think it has issues. From now on for me, unless I learn to do them myself, local shop only. This way I can personally represent my disdain if a part is defective...

Buy 2 sets of injs from Bison and get a side of beef for free....:rofl:

Well that beats what I could offer, nothing but squirrel meat in my backyard. :D

Kenny once in a while I see a Bacharach or Kiene tester sell for a low price.

Cheers
Nobby

Back