• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Napa's NEW Fleet chassis line = Mevotech TTX

I didn't think anything Dorman was made in the USA.
I thought they were strictly China.

Are you sure it wasn't the box that was made in the USA?
Yes, I'm sure. Product origin labeling laws. If the box was made in the USA, there would be a small, ink printed emblem (probably on an end or bottom of the box) stating the box manufacturer and location. The parts label on the box clearly states that the part is Made in the USA.

Well hopefully I can exchange it tomorrow if I get off work early enough. Hopefully they have the good one in stock
if you have a moment, call it in and have them order it for when you show up. ask for the same salesmen or the manager and explain what happened. most Napa's are pretty good about getting things right for the customer.

@jrsavoie Can you believe this s***...wtfView attachment 83298
I hate buying chinesium, but sometimes it's the best option.
I have a friend that moved most of his manufacturing to China to stay competitive.
And they're also fighting knock-offs.

So much for cheap Chinese products.
I wonder what a quality, made in the USA, part would be. If there is such a thing

What kind of warranty is on this brand ball joint? I am curious if it has lifetime through Napa and it breaks again taking out your fender or worse if they will pay our all the damages! I think all that needs to happen is someone get hurt and then sues the company that makes said part for damages and medical expenses for them to wise up about China made crap.

Has limited lifetime warranty.. but that only covers them replacing the part.. it doesn't cover all the damage that happens to your truck when it breaks.. doesn't cover the $500 tow bill when they have to jack your truck up out of a ditch and try to get it loaded..

Has limited lifetime warranty.. but that only covers them replacing the part.. it doesn't cover all the damage that happens to your truck when it breaks.. doesn't cover the $500 tow bill when they have to jack your truck up out of a ditch and try to get it loaded..
Sounds like you could use AAA.

If you can get them to come out in your area.

We're thinking about giving up on them.

Local tow companies won't work with them, because they don't pay enough.

Last year, we Waited 28 hours for one tow and gave up on the 2nd.

Seriously debating renewing this year.

Prior to last year, things were good.

I dropped AAA back in December I think it was...last time a ball joint broke.. it was around 10-11 at night, broke right in middle of the city...they said leave it there we will get it tomorrow....WHAT!! I'm not leaving my truck loaded with tools in the city... Screw that...

I dropped AAA back in December I think it was...last time a ball joint broke.. it was around 10-11 at night, broke right in middle of the city...they said leave it there we will get it tomorrow....WHAT!! I'm not leaving my truck loaded with tools in the city... Screw that...
If we keep AAA, I'm going to say we're not safe, every time we call

not sure, but maybe having towing and road side coverage on your insurance would be better. we recently switched over to State Farm insurance. I have never had to use their road side service, but I was told that even if you run out of gas they would bring you some and get you going.

Honestly for those of us who do our own wrenching, I have wondered if just by setting aside the money we'd normally pay a month in AAA premium plan in a piggy bank, if it would actually cover the few times we would really need a tow.

I suppose it might be enough for a once a year use case depending on how long of a tow distance we would need!

I don't know how many folks here watch his videos but SMA just published a video today that included a lower BJ replacement. Apparently, he really likes the green TTX, but states he will no longer use the NAPA Chassis or blue Mevotech parts due to quality. It's just one internet mechanic but seems to echo what's being said in this thread.

Later on the video he installs a TTX upper control arm. Aside from color (personal preference) they do appear to be good quality.

Last edited:
Back