• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Napa's NEW Fleet chassis line = Mevotech TTX

@Stoney the top photo listing is the Mevotech TTX and the bottom is the NAPA Fleet made for them by Mevotech and basically the NAPA house brand version of the TTX.

This was for a 1998 C3500 application.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828_213402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828_213402_Samsung Internet.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 8
@Stoney what Napa gave you is a Dorman branded ball joint. see the screenshot I took this right off the Napa prolink site we use at my work.

1693313290035.png

This is the one you want...

1693313340983.png

It's sad nowadays that there are no "parts" men behind the counters at the local auto parts stores anymore where now they just rely on a computer screen in front of them. Autozone is the worst by far. I have brought in old parts that still had their sticker with their part number on it and they still have to have the application it goes on.

there are still a couple of guys here at our local Napa that when you bring an old part or tell them I need a thingamigig for the whatchamaclaait and they just turn around and go grab it off the shelf without looking anything up. or try to match up a hose or belt off what they have in store vs just looking up an application and say "oh no we don't carry anything for a tractor or some home built contraption".

It's sad nowadays that there are no "parts" men behind the counters at the local auto parts stores anymore where now they just rely on a computer screen in front of them. Autozone is the worst by far. I have brought in old parts that still had their sticker with their part number on it and they still have to have the application it goes on.

there are still a couple of guys here at our local Napa that when you bring an old part or tell them I need a thingamigig for the whatchamaclaait and they just turn around and go grab it off the shelf without looking anything up. or try to match up a hose or belt off what they have in store vs just looking up an application and say "oh no we don't carry anything for a tractor or some home built contraption".
I've run into that many times.

Then you describe your home built to them and they say, We don't have anything for something like that.

Implement dealers are just as bad

I used to be one of those "Parts guys" at our local Napa. I was taught by one of the older guys there. their only cash register was an old wooden one that you pulled the handle to open the drawer. we had to actually count and do the math in our heads. it's funny now when you hand them a 10 or 20 and then turn around and go "oh wait, here's 0.17 cents I had in my pocket" and watch them stop in their tracks trying to figure it out.

I had gone into Napa here and encountered that. I stood there and gave the poor kid a crash course on how to count the change backwards. told him you'll never get it wrong, just count backwards starting at the pennies first. went in there a couple weeks later and saw him with another customers, he was fairly quick at it. lol

I used to be one of those "Parts guys" at our local Napa. I was taught by one of the older guys there. their only cash register was an old wooden one that you pulled the handle to open the drawer. we had to actually count and do the math in our heads. it's funny now when you hand them a 10 or 20 and then turn around and go "oh wait, here's 0.17 cents I had in my pocket" and watch them stop in their tracks trying to figure it out.

I had gone into Napa here and encountered that. I stood there and gave the poor kid a crash course on how to count the change backwards. told him you'll never get it wrong, just count backwards starting at the pennies first. went in there a couple weeks later and saw him with another customers, he was fairly quick at it. lol
And don't put the tendered money in the drawer until the transaction is complete

@Stoney when dealing with today's parts counter people in general, you also have to tell them what brand of part you want as well, such as NAPA Fleet Chassis (not just "NAPA") or Mevotech TTX, otherwise the counterperson will just grab the basic NAPA part.

I looked on Movetech's site looking for anything indicating where they make their products. I couldn't find anythng but I did see they have three different lines of product. TTX, Supreme, and OE grade.

It really depends on where Dorman got it from. I don't think Dorman actually makes the products, but sources them from various MFG's and slaps their name on it though partnerships

Back