• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Ted's engine, finally

I put 8 brand new BOSCH injectors. Started 1st by the ones on passenger side. Drove the truck like that, the ticking was still there but at a really low level.
Next week, put the 4 driver side injectors...., and ticking comes back :eek: :WTF:

This will stay as is once I get time enough to fight with the roller lifters :mad2:... or may be I'll try flushing the oil circuit, once I find which flushing fluid to use

I've heard 50/50 diesel and atf, let it run for 1 min drain and change filter again and fill with oil. Drive and get it warmed up good, drain, change filter, fill it up and go.

Did that on a Jd 4020 diesel after it sat 20yrs. Runs good but is weeping coolant and needs new sleeves. Common issue on those w/ high hours.

Source Unknown

IIRC, "NEW Injectors" will produce a slight Ticking untill worked out......I Think?

You running any additive...SAE30 (2oz. per gallon of fuel) and Power Service seem to be a good combo.

Back